Mar 21, 2023
VetteCoins
Just got this email:
Our records indicate you recently purchased a(n) GM Data Plan from AT&T. Please visit www.att.com/CANTermsandconditions for a copy of the AT&T Terms of Service you recently accepted. Please print or save a copy of this binding agreement for your records.

Thank you,

GM Customer Service Team

What’s this mean and is it better than my home wifi when doing updates in the garage? I know it’s for when you’re on the road but is it good or bad?
I get it free on my window sticker 356 months 72GB

Just got this email:
Our records indicate you recently purchased a(n) GM Data Plan from AT&T. Please visit www.att.com/CANTermsandconditions for a copy of the AT&T Terms of Service you recently accepted. Please print or save a copy of this binding agreement for your records.

Thank you,

GM Customer Service Team

What’s this mean and is it better than my home wifi when doing updates in the garage? I know it’s for when you’re on the road but is it good or bad?
I get it free on my window sticker 356 months 72GB
Check to make sure it's not a USA plan.

What this does is set up a WiFi hotspot inside the car to connect other devices (computers, phones, iPads, Kindles, etc.) to. The outside connection to the internet is through AT&T's 4G cellular network. The car itself doesn't connect to WiFi through this.

As for updates, I don't think it makes any difference whether you connect to your home WiFi or not. If you're connected to it, the car will download updates that way. If not, it downloads them through the AT&T 4G connection, which is always available for OTAs even if you haven't paid for the plan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread