Yes bolts are exposed as they are for smaller stage one and taller two winglets. Only difference between stage 2 and addition of wicker( called stage 3) is longer bolts to accomadate the thickness of wicker extension. I just luv the look of the rear of car with taller stage two!!!

Reactions: ccltj and Dantanman
Yes bolts are exposed as they are for smaller stage one and taller two winglets. Only difference between stage 2 and addition of wicker( called stage 3) is longer bolts to accomadate the thickness of wicker extension. I just luv the look of the rear of car with taller stage two!!!

Nope. The stage 3 has taller sides as well as the center wicker . Although the base is the same as stage 2 👍

I’ve had them both from the factory. Now with an APR Stage 3 though.
I know a guy with a new carbon flash Stage 3 factory spoiler. Looking forward to seeing it on his car

Reactions: ccltj
Just clued in that my car has the factory Z51 spoiler option. To upgrade i think i would have to buy an entire new spoiler. Will stick with this for now.
Yes, it is fairly expensive to change the spoiler - labor + part = $2K probably?

Yes, it is fairly expensive to change the spoiler - labor + part = $2K probably?

Yes you’re pretty close if you have it installed by the time you pay for exchange and shipping. Well for the carbon fibre one I got out of the US it was.
The OEM spoilers are really priced high so aftermarket is the way to go. If you can find a carbon flash one in CAD and changed it yourself... $1200 would likely do it. 👍

Yes you’re pretty close if you have it installed by the time you pay for exchange and shipping. Well for the carbon fibre one I got out of the US it was.
The OEM spoilers are really priced high so aftermarket is the way to go. If you can find a carbon flash one in CAD and changed it yourself... $1200 would likely do it. 👍
I don't think so? But, maybe? If you bug your GM dealer you can probably get 15% off and have the body shop do the install- if they have one - much cheaper labor - at least here where I live. My local dealer pays the technicians $50.00 an hour. :Beatdeadhorse:

• Wow
I don't think so? But, maybe? If you bug your GM dealer you can probably get 15% off and have the body shop do the install- if they have one - much cheaper labor - at least here where I live. My local dealer pays the technicians $50.00 an hour. :Beatdeadhorse:
The "door rate" is typically 2.5 to 3 times the technicians hourly rate. Most shops in our area are 100.00 to 150.00 an hour.

My aftermarket stage 3 carbon fibre spoiler was $1200 US.
So if you can find one in Canada for about the same and change it yourself ya... the price is much less obviously. I wouldn’t be afraid to pull the back facia off myself after what I learned last year.
But ya... 2k to get it done is a fair number.

The "door rate" is typically 2.5 to 3 times the technicians hourly rate. Most shops in our area are 100.00 to 150.00 an hour.

It’s all in who you want messing with your car. (Oneself included...😂)
I had the dealership do mine because I like the previous work the kid did and he has all the clips and fasteners there in case a couple break.
As I learned lots last year installing vents and an exhaust heat shield... for sure I would do a spoiler change as well now Dan.

It’s all in who you want messing with your car. (Oneself included...😂)
I had the dealership do mine because I like the previous work the kid did and he has all the clips and fasteners there in case a couple break.
As I learned lots last year installing vents and an exhaust heat shield... for sure I would do a spoiler change as well now Dan.
I could probably dyi but by the time I pay for all my mistakes and buying replacement parts it will be much cheaper to hire a pro! I was going to attempt side skirts mostly because I was so anxious to get them on. Factor in shipping a new set because I screwed up these would only delay the process even more.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread