You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Kind of crazy when you think about it. Not surprising but neat to compare different era's My 2019 F-150 Limited 4x4 that weights over 5000 lbs does the quarter mile in 13.7 seconds at 102 mph.
1968 Plymouth Road Runner (426ci/425hp, 3spd auto,, 1/4 mile - 13.54 @ 105.10mph, 4000 lbs. Close race! No comparison obviously and I still love the old iron

13 second runs for a street car back in those days was pretty rare. 11 second runs were unheard of unless you spent a wack of money (wack is old school for a lot), and were prepared to rebuild engines every season. I had a 340 Duster 4 speed in 72 which surprised many big blocks and small blocks alike in those days but was nothing compared to the HP generated right from the factory today. And with a 5 year powertrain warranty as well. Wish I was 20 again but would likely have killed myself by now...lol...

13 second runs for a street car back in those days was pretty rare. 11 second runs were unheard of unless you spent a wack of money (wack is old school for a lot), and were prepared to rebuild engines every season. I had a 340 Duster 4 speed in 72 which surprised many big blocks and small blocks alike in those days but was nothing compared to the HP generated right from the factory today. And with a 5 year powertrain warranty as well. Wish I was 20 again but would likely have killed myself by now...lol...
I remember a sleeper 340 butt ugly green Duster with painted dog dish wheels. He had it done up at Pacemaker in Edmonton back in the day. Spanked many big blocks. I am familiar with the wack term used to describe both money and drivers.

My 67 Camaro was quick, not quite stock though :)

Attachments

• engine3$_57.jpg
    engine3$_57.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 19
My high school ride was a 70 VW beetle with headers and dual weber carbs. It would turn mid 16's at the Oyster Bed Speedway in PEI which was fast for me... and considering the 74 SS Nova had trouble breaking 17's, I was a smiling kid. The 340 Duster came next, then a 69 SS 396 Chevelle. That was it til I hit Alberta in 79 and bought a 76 280Z Datsun.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread