UPDATE:
Techs at GM said a lifter went on it which they have seen on "many" C7's in eco mode, leaving the dealership low on oil did not help the situation. Hoping parts are readily available and this chapter can be closed soon as well as them not find any internal damage.

Reactions: Vegas1500
All things considered, I suppose that's 'good' news?!? Honestly, if you put the car into 7th gear at about 120kmh on the highway, you get the same milage as Eco: about 6-8L/100. Once you get your car fixed, hopefully there is no more drama and going forward you'll know.

All things considered, I suppose that's 'good' news?!? Honestly, if you put the car into 7th gear at about 120kmh on the highway, you get the same milage as Eco: about 6-8L/100. Once you get your car fixed, hopefully there is no more drama and going forward you'll know.
We've all seen Rambo First Blood right?

local dv chev dealership sold a vehicle Jetta diesel 5 months ago and it imploded in less than a week of driving,
also heavily smoked on and they ran it through their smoke machine
anyway 2 of 4 cylinders were buggered
STETSON MOTORS only wanted to replace the 2 cylinders and let some one in Edmonton do,it as they could not
told the nice lady who I met riding my electric bicycle to go directly to chev dealership and ask for full money back,
never did hear how it turned out but she financed most of the car. eeks

bad dealers are everywhere

stetson motors should have wholesaled that car the day after it was traded in but they are greedy buggers

UPDATE: Cue law and order music
So parts to fix the car are backordered and unless they were to do a complete tear down of the motor and inspect all internals I would always be nervous. If the car was local and I could oversee the entire process that could have changed things, plus if I waited on them there is a good chance I may not even get to drive before the snow. I opted to re negotiate a price for the car AS IS, not many people can say they have negotiated and bought the same car twice lol. I have a brand new 6.2 crate motor ordered already. In the end I'll be into the car for what I was 2 weeks ago before it popped this time with a brand new motor and 3 year warranty on it as well. They are detailing the car and will send me pictures of everything before it leaves and I have a reputable flat deck driver standing by to pick her up. I'll either fix the current motor or sell as a core so get some cash back incase anyone is interested.

UPDATE: Cue law and order music
So parts to fix the car are backordered and unless they were to do a complete tear down of the motor and inspect all internals I would always be nervous. If the car was local and I could oversee the entire process that could have changed things, plus if I waited on them there is a good chance I may not even get to drive before the snow. I opted to re negotiate a price for the car AS IS, not many people can say they have negotiated and bought the same car twice lol. I have a brand new 6.2 crate motor ordered already. In the end I'll be into the car for what I was 2 weeks ago before it popped this time with a brand new motor and 3 year warranty on it as well. They are detailing the car and will send me pictures of everything before it leaves and I have a reputable flat deck driver standing by to pick her up. I'll either fix the current motor or sell as a core so get some cash back incase anyone is interested.

That's a great solution and worry free driving for the next 3 years. A good outcome from a crappy situation!

Reactions: Canuck204
So how did the whole situation work out?
New motor has been in for a couple weeks now, I drive it daily rain or shine and have had zero issue thank god. Ended up with a '15 stingray with 50k on the body (which is mint, fully 3m coated and new Pilot tires) and a brand new motor with 3 years warranty for less than what I originally was going to pay for it when you factor in the LT1 core motor I was able to sell. It was worth the wait but I never want to go through that again my cardiologist agrees with that lol. C7 is a night and day difference from my C6 and is worth double the money if you ask me! Warranty or not I'm never trying eco mode again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread