I really liked it even with all the headaches.

Beretta 1.jpg

In YOUR opinion! I would have spent 3 to 4 thousand dollars on the Beretta, but I paid $800 for the extended warranty. Yes, the stock warranty back then was 1 year, but it is still insurance. I pay home owners insurance even though I will likely never need it. Like others have said, it's peace of mind. And that is something many, including me, will gladly pay for. Obviously you have money to spend if needed. I don't. If disaster happens, I want to feel safe that it will get remedied without me having to sell the car (or something else) afterwards.
Thanks for all the input... I went ahead with the warranty...

Again, because it’s a first model for that car... and I don’t want to get stuck with a 12k transmission bill

Reactions: Murray20c8
Thanks for all the input... I went ahead with the warranty...

Again, because it’s a first model for that car... and I don’t want to get stuck with a 12k transmission bill
I hope it works out for the best, if you REALLY want a good debate, ask about winter driving a C8... LOL

In YOUR opinion! I would have spent 3 to 4 thousand dollars on the Beretta, but I paid $800 for the extended warranty. Yes, the stock warranty back then was 1 year, but it is still insurance. I pay home owners insurance even though I will likely never need it. Like others have said, it's peace of mind. And that is something many, including me, will gladly pay for. Obviously you have money to spend if needed. I don't. If disaster happens, I want to feel safe that it will get remedied without me having to sell the car (or something else) afterwards.
No not my opinion. Its a common FACT that extended warranties are designed to pad the bottom line. Fact not fiction, not my problem if you don't understand that simple common FACT.

No not my opinion. Its a common FACT that extended warranties are designed to pad the bottom line. Fact not fiction, not my problem if you don't understand that simple common FACT.
No It's Your opinion!!! Don't tell me what I know or don't know! Don't tell me what YOU think is fact! Do you have home insurance? I guess not. Because THAT is what extended warranties are. Insurance!
You haven't got a clue! PHLEWWWW! :p You wanna fight about it? C'mon! You know where I live! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
No It's Your opinion!!! Don't tell me what I know or don't know! Don't tell me what YOU think is fact! Do you have home insurance? I guess not. Because THAT is what extended warranties are. Insurance!
You haven't got a clue! PHLEWWWW! :p You wanna fight about it? C'mon! You know where I live! lol
Wrong Again. Extended warranties have nothing to do with home insurance. If you see value in an extended warranty go ahead and waste your money and buy it for your car, your stereo, your phone... even a wooden peg leg if you have one LOL.
But make no mistake, ALL extended warranties are designed to pad the sellers bottom line and that's it. They will try to "fool" you into seeing value in it. Save your wasted money on extended warranties and take your wife on a nice Caribbean cruise once the ships start sailing again.... take my word for it, you'll love it. I'll show up at your BBQ with valves wide open (you will hear me before you see me) and have some grub and beers, WakkieJakkie can be the ring boy and referee in the cage match. :ghettogrin:

• Wow
Reactions: Gilles27
Wrong Again. Extended warranties have nothing to do with home insurance. If you see value in an extended warranty go ahead and waste your money and buy it for your car, your stereo, your phone... even a wooden peg leg if you have one LOL.
But make no mistake, ALL extended warranties are designed to pad the sellers bottom line and that's it. They will try to "fool" you into seeing value in it. Save your wasted money on extended warranties and take your wife on a nice Caribbean cruise once the ships start sailing again.... take my word for it, you'll love it. I'll show up at your BBQ with valves wide open (you will hear me before you see me) and have some grub and beers, WakkieJakkie can be the ring boy and referee in the cage match. :ghettogrin:

Ya, they want to give you peace of mind for free. Any form of insurance is priced to make money. Every business wants to succeed. I pay for it when the price for disaster recovery is beyond my means. To say that it's a waste of money is your opinion. I don't happen to share. Saying it's fact that I'm wasting my money is not fact. You can believe whatever you want, but extended warranties ARE insurance. They protect you against the worst, just like home insurance.
Anyway, I'm done. You can respond if you want. I don't care. It's not a waste of money. It's protection against the worst scenario and worth every penny to me. Been there, done that like I said.

Ya, they want to give you peace of mind for free. Any form of insurance is priced to make money. Every business wants to succeed. I pay for it when the price for disaster recovery is beyond my means. To say that it's a waste of money is your opinion. I don't happen to share. Saying it's fact that I'm wasting my money is not fact. You can believe whatever you want, but extended warranties ARE insurance. They protect you against the worst, just like home insurance.
Anyway, I'm done. You can respond if you want. I don't care. It's not a waste of money. It's protection against the worst scenario and worth every penny to me. Been there, done that like I said.
I am also done on this topic. All the n00bs post the same thing anyways... this topic never goes away. To each to their own. I used to sell extended warranties a lifetime ago... I know a little about them. And I say once again the FACT OF THE MATTER is they are designed for ONE PURPOSE ONLY, to bring up the sellers bottom line. If you bought one and happen to need it or use it maybe it payed off, but the majority of the time they go unused. Cam above says he'll get most of his money back if he doesn't use it, well let him report back in when that time comes, the final outcome won't be what he expected. Look into the fine print of them, they most often never cover everything. You keep bringing up home insurance (the two have nothing in common.) When you need to use your home insurance they are weasels and the biggest whores out there. They will do everything they can NOT TO PAY. Oh, I'm sorry sir, you didn't have flood insurance on your policy, you didn't have a natural disaster coverage. Do what you want and be happy... you just paid OVER MSRP for your car and so did everyone else that got dinged with the BS administration fee. That's like going to Tim Horton's to buy a coffee and they charge you and extra .50 cents for selling it to you.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Holy crap Murr, what happened to your seats?! Did you sh it up your back?
It was a brand new design. The car was designed by an ex Ferrari engineer supposedly. Now we know why he "left" Ferrari. lol
It sat on a weird pivot point. A single point of failure, which of course failed singularly. lol.
Funny thing is it was drivable even though you moved around a lot. I say funny, but it was far from that.
The door falling off was more of a ... "delight", but I happened to be parking when it did fall off, well only one hinge broke so it was drivable.
Luckily the steering wheel never actually came off while I was driving. It just got sloppy and got fixed before disaster.
So many "Oh Sh it moments" with that car.

When is the Cage Match? I might need to book off work...
Usually the second weekend in August. The Saturday after the long weekend. However, only Sparrows are kept in cages. ;)
Everyone is welcome. Hopefully we can BBQ by then.

Reactions: Gilles27 and JR410
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.