Rruff, it is not that it stops the glass from shattering, it is the potential trouble a first responder could encounter to remove it that is the issue. I have seen the windshields shatter and come out of cars in very hard accidents so all is possible. We have actually looked at a spray on type adhesive to use on windows so that we could control all of the shards when we break glass. I am not against tint, I just want everyone to be aware that there is a reason behind the by-laws. The back window in my car will get tinted once I get time to get around to it. I hear ya on picking out shards. Was in a nasty T-bone when I was much, much younger that shattered all the windows in the car and popped the windshield out. I would put money on it, that if I still had that jacket, I would still find shards of glass.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Any pics of that Paul ? That sounds similar to what I’d like.

The first 3 pics garage door was open so pics could have more light. The last pic garage closed. The 2 rear 'vent' windows are also done as the rear hatch.[ Hope the pics help...

Attachments

• Image 12.jpg
    Image 12.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Image 13.jpg
    Image 13.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Image 15.jpg
    Image 15.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Image 14.jpg
    Image 14.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 19
I got a ticket for tint on my front side windows 25 years ago. I'm thinking it was at 35%. They told me that i had to remove it, I couldn't be bothered so I sold the car.
Have not had any extra tint applied since that. Light tint on the sides does look good but dont get the reasoning why people have to "tar" in the front side windows.
Its black..theres no way in hell it helps keep a vehicle cooler...more like heats it up from my expierence.

I got a ticket for tint on my front side windows 25 years ago. I'm thinking it was at 35%. They told me that i had to remove it, I couldn't be bothered so I sold the car.
Have not had any extra tint applied since that. Light tint on the sides does look good but dont get the reasoning why people have to "tar" in the front side windows.
Its black..theres no way in hell it helps keep a vehicle cooler...more like heats it up from my expierence.

In Rio you need all windows tinted limo. (except the windshield)

It ain’t for the heat either. It’s a survival thing. 😂

My 17Z was 35% too. Agreed, just the right amount on the sides.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.