R

RdTrippin_Chris

All shiney new here and to my 2018 Z06 which I havent drove yet. It is going from Shaw to Shadow Tint for a full wrap and window tint.
Any suggestions on what tint is best?! I am stuck between the 20% and 30-35%....
Small space gets dark quick I think?!

Good to be here amongst enthusiasts and

I have Limo (privacy) on my rear and both rear sides. I have 35% on drivers and passenger sides. Drivers and passenger side window tints (at any level) are illegal in AB and many other provinces just in case you didn't know, so we take a chance on a ticket and having to remove it...... I just got back from Colombia where almost every car I saw had Limo tint even on the windshield...
tint.jpg

I had 35% on all windows except the windshield. I thought it was fantastic! I didn’t find it difficult to see at night and it was just dark enough to keep the interior a bit cooler, however, the cops had a different point of view and had me take it off. Some day it’ll go back on.

Reactions: Hotrodron
I’m going with 50% on my rear window and with the sides,I’m going 2 shades from the lightest. Not sure what the number is but it’s just to take the glare off. Unlike those dudes in Eric’s pics,I don’t need to hide,,,,Anymore.

All shiney new here and to my 2018 Z06 which I havent drove yet. It is going from Shaw to Shadow Tint for a full wrap and window tint.
Any suggestions on what tint is best?! I am stuck between the 20% and 30-35%....
Small space gets dark quick I think?!

Good to be here amongst enthusiasts and
Hello Chris... what, a MY18 and still havent drive it.... Im same as you along with a few others in YEG with MY19's and not driven. I'm considering tint too but just side quarters and maybe rear hatch..... watching for responses........ so what neck of the woods in Alberta???

Reactions: RdTrippin_Chris
Hello Chris... what, a MY18 and still havent drive it.... Im same as you along with a few others in YEG with MY19's and not driven. I'm considering tint too but just side quarters and maybe rear hatch..... watching for responses........ so what neck of the woods in Alberta???
The Car is in Calgary at Shaw till it goes for a full wrap and tint in a couple of weeks then in the garage till the gravel gets cleaned off the roads. Have you seen any cars that have been fully wrapped? If so, thoughts?

I "had" the same as Eric. Limo on the rear and rear sides + 35% on the driver and passenger sides. A brush with the law has me now with the drivers and passenger windows tint-free. I will get it put back on this summer. No problem seeing out through the limo tint to the rear; day or night.

My car from the rear:
View attachment 24306

That carbon fiber spoiler looks awesome Derek. Looking forward to seeing all the mods sooooon!

Reactions: ddgermann
The Car is in Calgary at Shaw till it goes for a full wrap and tint in a couple of weeks then in the garage till the gravel gets cleaned off the roads. Have you seen any cars that have been fully wrapped? If so, thoughts?

Found this one,he races it in Las Vegas

Attachments

• santa monica.jpg
    santa monica.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 19
  • Fontana pic.jpg
    Fontana pic.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: hemicat and 12cents
I’m going with 50% on my rear window and with the sides,I’m going 2 shades from the lightest. Not sure what the number is but it’s just to take the glare off. Unlike those dudes in Eric’s pics,I don’t need to hide,,,,Anymore.

Most shops have 5% (Limo privacy), 20%, 35% and 50%. 50 % is about the lightest you can get I think. You can tell it's tinted but not by much.

Reactions: hemicat
Well... The police here say it's a safety issue if you need to break the glass to get out, so perhaps it would stop a bullet as well..:Pistolsmiley:

It is an issue if the fire department has to cut you out of a car. The tint will delay us after breaking the glass to gain access inside the vehicle. We use a windshield saw on the windshield because it is laminated safety glass (that is why you do not see people go through the windshield in modern cars when they do not wear their seat belts). The others we use a small tool to shatter the glass. If we suspect tint on a window then we will have to use the saw here as well. The few minutes we are cutting will delay treatment by the paramedics in severe accidents. The LEOs have their own reasons which are just as valid but is for their safety.

But I do have to admit, I think a lot of cars look much better with tint on the side windows. I just want everyone to be aware that there are valid reasons from a first responder's perspective and not just the government making our lives even more miserable.

It is an issue if the fire department has to cut you out of a car. The tint will delay us after breaking the glass to gain access inside the vehicle. We use a windshield saw on the windshield because it is laminated safety glass (that is why you do not see people go through the windshield in modern cars when they do not wear their seat belts). The others we use a small tool to shatter the glass. If we suspect tint on a window then we will have to use the saw here as well. The few minutes we are cutting will delay treatment by the paramedics in severe accidents. The LEOs have their own reasons which are just as valid but is for their safety.

But I do have to admit, I think a lot of cars look much better with tint on the side windows. I just want everyone to be aware that there are valid reasons from a first responder's perspective and not just the government making our lives even more miserable.

All good reasoning and info Fred. I've had 2 vehicle windows that have broken. One side window on my truck and one rear window on my Rav grocery getter.... (yeah. I have tint on those too)... But I digress... Both instances, the glass shattered into 1/4 inch pieces, with many of them ending up laying on the floor below the window. The rest that was still trying to hold together with the tint, I just pulled it away and out of the window frame... Not questioning your expertise at all ... maybe they use a heavier grade vinyl tint in NF but no way I needed a saw. Actually I would have been much happier if it had all adhered to the tint better and not ended up on the floor. 5 years later and I still find chunks of glass once in a while when cleaning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.