CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
So many on the market. I sold my Garmin 1490LMT to Terry earlier in the year and need a replacement.

I'm leaning toward another 1490 or 2595 (LMT) with the 5" screen.
I've had good luck with Garmin and would prefer to stay with them.

Which one do you have and would you recommend it?

TNX

Colin.

My Garmin chocked on it's way back from Florida and I loved it .took it out of the box and bingo .So I bought another one (I'll have to check the model) and it was a pain .Came programmed in German my son's came programmed in Spanish or French .

My Garmin chocked on it's way back from Florida and I loved it .took it out of the box and bingo .So I bought another one (I'll have to check the model) and it was a pain .Came programmed in German my son's came programmed in Spanish or French .

LOL, Steve.......Never had that problem......

I'm now leaning toward a slightly more expensive one: 3597 LMTHD which has lifetime maps updates, Traffic, and is high def. -- It also has the 5"screen I want too.

C.

I've had my current Garmin for about 4 years without any issues and it was bought to replace a prior Garmin that I had for about 3 years without any issues with it as well. Mine is a 25XX (can't remember the model #) with the 4.3 inch screen.

This past summer, I picked up a Magellan Roadmate with the seven inch screen when CTC had them on sale. The vacuum cup base sticks securely to the pebble grained dash allowing the screen to hang down over the front of the dash and not be up in the way. The voice is a little easier to make out than our old small screen Garmin Nuvi but pronunciation isn't always the best making some names a little hard to make out. Not good when you have three different roads to take and not much time to figure it out. The bigger screen makes it very easy, at a glance, to see what roads are coming up. It would be nice if these thing would remember the route YOU choose. I know the way I prefer to go to the city. It's once I am there that I need the help. Over all, I'm happy with the Magellan.

What about waiting for black Friday? I'm sure they will have some great deals on GPS along with everything else.

So far I still rely on the navigation from my iPhone. It has worked well for me but our maps here aren't as busy as out east. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions Colin.

However, if I were to look for a GPS unit, this is the one I would like! Darth Vader recording for TomTom GPS - behind the scenes - YouTube

Yeah got one on order from GPS city..actually it's coming from out your way somewhere........It's the Garmin 3597LMTHD and the best price I could find.

Love gadgets and sure will let you know how fun it is.

C.

Love the one you picked out Colin. Except for on thing, the review said there is a certain amount of glare especially if you have a convert, as mine is.Besides I do carry my own navigation system on board 75% of the time, my wife with a map ready on her lap.
Al..

Love the one you picked out Colin. Except for on thing, the review said there is a certain amount of glare especially if you have a convert, as mine is.Besides I do carry my own navigation system on board 75% of the time, my wife with a map ready on her lap.
Al..

I saw that Al -- I've seen glare issues on the 1490 I had too. Not too worried about it -- they do sell a plastic cover that helps with glare...If it's a problem I'd probably go that route.

Tell Liz she's the prettiest navigator there is for me will you.:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.