I have a 68-82 Max Tech from Zip-Products for my '73. It fits very well. I keep my car in unheated storage as well. I have an old walmart cover that I throw over the good one just to keep dust and crap off. I think I got it for around $80 at the time.

T

Selected a cover option...

I have done some research and costing. In the end it would appear that for the cost of shipping, etc to have a good quality indoor cover shipped from the US, I can purchase a quality outdoor Superior Guard 5L Car Cover ($182.50 - sale price, free shipping and no taxes) from an on-line company here in Canada for the same or less money. It's more protection than I need for my planned indoor use right now, but it gives me more product for less $. Has anyone purchased/used this type of cover?

VV

awesome, I came here today specifically to ask about covers, and what do I find as top subject in Car Care haha. Putting mine in storage with some other folks in my area, but pigeons are present, so cover required...I think BB gun patrol would work too lol

What about the ones that CTC carries ?

Protecting it against scratching while sitting in the garage is my main concern . ( the wife and grand kids won't be as fanatical or careful around it as I will)

I'd love to have a nicely fitted/colour matched Corvette cover, but is it really necessary ?

What about the ones that CTC carries ?

Protecting it against scratching while sitting in the garage is my main concern . ( the wife and grand kids won't be as fanatical or careful around it as I will)

I'd love to have a nicely fitted/colour matched Corvette cover, but is it really necessary ?

I've got one of those from CTC and it does a decent job without scratching.
I did buy a nicer cover with logo from Corvette Central for my brother tho.

One of these days I'll buy myself a proper fitted and logo'd cover from Corvette Central also. For now this cheapie from CTC is just fine.
I am careful to keep it clean tho and keep track of the up and down sides.:D

C.

I bought a great CoverKing Coverbond-4 indoor / outdoor UV-rated 4-layer cover from Corvette Central, a forum sponsor.

Part # 102598 for my midyear (C2) Corvette. An extra thick 4-layer material designed to help prevent nicks and door dings. The thickness of Coverbond 4 absorbs most minor impacts, and stands up to the elements.

Corvette Central - forum sponsor

Very nice, well-fitted cover. Gotta love the way Corvette Central handles Canadian sales too. No brokerage, no extra paperwork, no HST/GST collections at the door. They handle everything for us.

:canada:

I only need a dust cover and I have a lot of "Ice" paste on the car .I use a cotton sheet on the hood and trunk then I use a cheap cover from Wal-Mart (about $40) .Not recommended for outdoors .

I also wash the cover and sheets before using .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread