You're 5
May 2, 2017
Cobden Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 FRC
Greetings All
I'm in need of some new front tires for my 99FRC. I'm currently running
Toyo's 17”x 9.5” (+) 54mm 6.9” 265/40ZR-17. Living on Ontario just west of Ottawa, I'm looking for a supplier that has reasonable rates for tires and shipping. I'd like to stay in Canada/Ontario if possible.

Any suggestions??

Try 1010 tires or Quattro tires. Both are on the Eastern side and very reasonable prices. I have used them both, highly recommend. Online tire shopping made easy.

Greetings All
I'm in need of some new front tires for my 99FRC. I'm currently running
Toyo's 17”x 9.5” (+) 54mm 6.9” 265/40ZR-17. Living on Ontario just west of Ottawa, I'm looking for a supplier that has reasonable rates for tires and shipping. I'd like to stay in Canada/Ontario if possible.

Any suggestions??
Costco has the best prices by far for tires - Michelin and other HP tires. I am a Michelin fan and all our cars/SUVS ride on them.

Reactions: Riley P
Might be an out-in-left-field reply ...
I have bought from Detroit Wheel & Tire and had them ship to me. It worked out quite well.
Cant hurt to check them out online. Dollar exchange and tax at the border comes in to play.
Detroit Wheel and Tire
It's been a while since I did this but I always check their pricing along with Tire Rack ...
you are a little closer to Detroit than I am too.

I'm surprised actually seeing these tire brands & tire stores being mentioned/considered ... Costco? Toyo? :Confused5:
I personally experience the Corvette Grin by Owning One :D ...
but is it not a nightmare thinking about the Corvette Grin one would see on the Tire Installing Employee at Costco :Woot: by actually getting their hands on one... :nailbiting:
never from me :Nono1:

Last edited:
I would also be concerned that you are only replacing the fronts. Different tire manufacturers have different compounds and adhesion characteristics.
Wet weather. Braking. Cornering.... etc.
I'd be careful running two different tire companies on the car.
My 2 cents

Reactions: ddgermann
I'm surprised actually seeing these tire brands & tire stores being mentioned/considered ... Costco? Toyo? :Confused5:
I personally experience the Corvette Grin by Owning One :D ...
but is it not a nightmare thinking about the Corvette Grin one would see on the Tire Installing Employee at Costco :Woot: by actually getting their hands on one... :nailbiting:
never from me :Nono1:

Outside of not trusting anyone with my car (Except for Phobia Auto Care), I spoke with Costco when I purchased my tires from them and they stated they will not install tires on a Corvette as their lifts aren't low enough, however, if you bring them in off the car, they'll mount the new tires on the rims, so that is what I ended up doing.

Glad to know about all these new places to look for tires!

Reactions: ddgermann
Outside of not trusting anyone with my car (Except for Phobia Auto Care), I spoke with Costco when I purchased my tires from them and they stated they will not install tires on a Corvette as their lifts aren't low enough, however, if you bring them in off the car, they'll mount the new tires on the rims, so that is what I ended up doing.

Glad to know about all these new places to look for tires!
Cool ... so what was the approximate actual $$$ saving by doing that?
I'm curious ... and I will not "bait you" on your reply because ...
I have to factor in "benefit" of actual saving with removal, install, balancing, TPMS and disposal on top of just purchasing & mounting the rubber from Costco (and like Costco places).

Last edited:
Most of the savings is in the mounting costs. Costco is ~ $20 per tire when including the enviro fee. I priced out tires at Canadian Tire for our other car. $79 per tire at CT, add $120 for studs. The quote came out to $730 so even just going without studding, it would be $610 when purchasing $320 worth of tires. I was a bit shocked so I went back to Costco. I think the Michelin X-Ice tires were on sale for $130 each. With mounting it came to just over $600. So I ended up with a much better tire for the same cost. Sometimes tires are cheaper at Costco, sometimes not, but the mounting and balancing is where I find the huge savings are. Years ago they used to mount any tire you brought in for $15 each, but have since stopped that.

Most of the savings is in the mounting costs. Costco is ~ $20 per tire when including the enviro fee. I priced out tires at Canadian Tire for our other car. $79 per tire at CT, add $120 for studs. The quote came out to $730 so even just going without studding, it would be $610 when purchasing $320 worth of tires. I was a bit shocked so I went back to Costco. I think the Michelin X-Ice tires were on sale for $130 each. With mounting it came to just over $600. So I ended up with a much better tire for the same cost. Sometimes tires are cheaper at Costco, sometimes not, but the mounting and balancing is where I find the huge savings are. Years ago they used to mount any tire you brought in for $15 each, but have since stopped that.
Oh OK thanks ... I was on the page of envisioning the Corvette Wheel benefits and not slapping the inexpensive rubber on a steel wheel.
I guess I have a benefit of places in both Edmonton and Calgary for blizzaks on Cadillac Wheels for $25 each mount & balance + removal/install (on the lift) + TPMS (if applicable) - "being told" same for new Corvette rubber when I need it. On the Corvette it would have to be all in or next tire stop for me ... (even though I could maybe save on the additional cost of TPMS setting as I can do that)

I'll second the mismatched tires as bad......... A rule when buying a car of mine. I mostly buy used and private sales. I think twice if it has cheap mismatched tires. Most times I'll walk depending on the car.

1A1A254D-98C8-41A5-8452-56BA9D97AA25.jpeg

Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread