Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
OK here is the background

only spun the tires once since new and only for about 50 feet kind of by accident ( for police investigation purposes) and I wish to burn the factory rear tires as I never got to do this as a kid,

without getting into the camaro town authorized spin your tire event in the fall, wonder if there is a place to go to practice burnouts, ther is a place near Rimbey but not sure if one can rent the track for a morning on the weekend in the summer,

any ideas signature. Stig. Eh.

Reactions: ddgermann
OK here is the background

only spun the tires once since new and only for about 50 feet kind of by accident ( for police investigation purposes) and I wish to burn the factory rear tires as I never got to do this as a kid,

without getting into the camaro town authorized spin your tire event in the fall, wonder if there is a place to go to practice burnouts, ther is a place near Rimbey but not sure if one can rent the track for a morning on the weekend in the summer,

any ideas signature. Stig. Eh.

Castrol Raceway....Street Legal drags.. $30 or is it $40 ??

B

Jeff.... Find a private business in an industrial area that has a fairly big paved lot and is closed on Sundays. Introduce yourself to the owner, tell him all you want to do is a burnout. Ask him if he's ever been for a ride in a C7... and if it's all ok with him, and he wants to sit in the jump seat, he's welcome to join you and you'll take him out for a beer afterwards. If that doesn't work, Rimbey does have a drag strip. It's called Central Alberta Raceway.

OK I've been waiting and waiting and waiting as I didn't want to post this ...
as not to be the one guilty of "contributing to the delinquency of a . minor ."
- you fill in the blank ... a) minor b) miner c) wine'r d) other -

anyway... here you go Jeff ...
Just do it where-ever to see this sign :thumbs:
Enjoy !
:Woohoo:
12e1cd49490549a860519bbd2d10baa0--road-trip-theme-stupid-stuff.jpg

burnout1.jpg

post [HASHTAG]#999[/HASHTAG] (and still not banned)​

Last edited:
In the early sixties, it was really something if someone could actually lay a little rubber. With the horsepower today, it's no big deal. Even our '05 can put on a smoke show and it is only 400 hp. At least I think that it can. I've never tried. Unless the pavement is good, even this car will often get squirrelly in first and second gear. There was the old saying, "If you are spinning, you are losing."

I think I talked about this some years ago but since I often tend to repeat myself, I will toss it out there again just for shsts and giggles.... My tire spinner back in my youth was a 340 4spd (we didn't call them M4 back then) Plymouth Duster..... Well.... along with the Duster, we had a notorious little bar out on the old highway 2 in NS called the Fort Scenic.... The local police patrolled that spot almost every night.... That was back in the day (and the place) when the police pretty much made rules up as they went along....anyhow.... I digress.... The rule of the day, when we tended to go through more tires than gasoline, was ..... if they caught us doing a burnout, the fine was based on how much rubber was on the road.... $ 1.00 per foot.... Keep in mind that this was back in the day when an IP (illegal possession of alcohol) carried a $ 13.75 fine.... Needless to say, we were damn careful when we were laying down a show....lol.... you could smoke a couple weeks wages in one night real easy..... errrrr..... tire smoke I mean..... :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread