Those are auto populated when new cars get delivered. Loss leaders...gets people calling dealers. Hey it's sold but I have this...

Just did a search...18 2023s on trader and zero 70th editions
I know someone selling a 2021 c8 2LT very low mileage, mint mint. Toronto Aroura area. High $120’s
These could very well become like the C8.R editions that went bananas in value. I'll let the folks on here know what build number my 70th will be as I was a late July allocation.

‘20 2LT Z51
‘21 3LT Z51

Got both sellers down to $110,000. I’m about to pull the trigger but I’m seeing more and more discounts by dealers and owners. I’m thinking about waiting for another 2-3 months and hope they come down some more. Over 350 used C8s for sale in Canada at the moment and barely any are selling. A dealer sold a gorgeous red on tan 3LT Z51 for $112,000 with next to no kilometres according to my friend who owns a dealership and cars in general are not selling on auctions like how they used to.

Is this nightmare finally close to being over? I hope so!

I have a print out of dealers paying over $130,000 for used C8s and they are all still for sale with thousands below the selling price. I doubt anyone is going to pay remotely close to that especially with the new tax coming into play. Who is dumb enough to pay $150 or $160 after taxes for a $80,000 MSRP car?

‘20 2LT Z51
‘21 3LT Z51

Got both sellers down to $110,000. I’m about to pull the trigger but I’m seeing more and more discounts by dealers and owners. I’m thinking about waiting for another 2-3 months and hope they come down some more. Over 350 used C8s for sale in Canada at the moment and barely any are selling. A dealer sold a gorgeous red on tan 3LT Z51 for $112,000 with next to no kilometres according to my friend who owns a dealership and cars in general are not selling on auctions like how they used to.

Is this nightmare finally close to being over? I hope so!
I feel you are being optimistic.

The one fallacy in your comments here and one point you are not taking into account is the lack of Canadian allocations. GM has really turned the tap off of supply to Canada so I feel values on the resale market will remain over MSRP unfortunately.

Also as horrid as the new luxury tax is, I myself and others will continue to pay it. My 23 arrives soon and yup I'm facing approx $1500 of luxury tax...that hardly makes me want to cancel my order.

These dealerships somehow keep getting worse lol... I just wish they'd adopt a NA wide "oh you pre-ordered when? this is where you are on the list..." model like other pieces of tech instead of letting your customers just play roulette with different dealers. It's so archaic and outdated.
Oh, yes, GM should change, but in the end, they are not happy until the customer is unhappy.

Oh trust me I think it's a bullshit tax. I'm only saying in terms of cancellation of my C8...I'll take it up the you know what.

Here's my Facebook post on the tax:

This is why I won't vote Liberal (spend first, recover later). Wonder if Freeland asked the same trucker what he thought about plane and boat manufacturers, dealers, mechanic shops and marinas losing revenue, sales and jobs with the reduction in sales...

But yeah...tax the rich while you continue to kill the middle class.

I'm not even rich and think this tax is ridiculous. Note the US dropped this very same tax in 2 years after it failed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh trust me I think it's a bullshit tax. I'm only saying in terms of cancellation of my C8...I'll take it up the you know what.

Here's my Facebook post on the tax:

This is why I won't vote Liberal (spend first, recover later). Wonder if Freeland asked the same trucker what he thought about plane and boat manufacturers, dealers, mechanic shops and marinas losing revenue, sales and jobs with the reduction in sales...

But yeah...tax the rich while you continue to kill the middle class.

I'm not even rich and think this tax is ridiculous. Note the US dropped this very same tax in 2 years after it failed...
more than just one state dropped the tax
It is a failed silly policy done by those in power with little or no brains

I disagree with the tax, but let's leave politics out of it please. Every single politician is smart. Ill advised likely and driven by the pockets of others.
I hate them all. every last one of them. LOL.
Murray, can you imagine, Freeland, selling her mansion in Rosedale and having to pay a 20%luxury tax,(along with real estate etc taxes., not legislated though) Ha, no way, DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO. Lecturing those who buy. expensive cars, that they should be happy to help those who can't. Wow, is she out of touch with reality.

Murray, can you imagine, Freeland, selling her mansion in Rosedale and having to pay a 20%luxury tax,(along with real estate etc taxes., not legislated though) Ha, no way, DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO. Lecturing those who buy. expensive cars, that they should be happy to help those who can't. Wow, is she out of touch with reality.
Show me a politician that IS in touch with reality and I'll sell you swampland in Florida. They are all in the pockets of their contributors.
Anyway, this belongs in the off topic forum and not here.

For the longest time I thought the L-tax was on used vehicles as well . It’s not it’s only on new vehicle orders just a hint of information
Slight correction- it’s on vehicles that have not been registered in Canada. So will apply to a used import from the US (or elsewhere) if it’s over $100,000.

Reactions: DenisC8 and Vettman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.