Earlier I mentioned that I had a set from Canadian Tire that I was unhappy with. They were a bear to wheel around as they didn't want to turn a corner. Why? Because the 'small' casters were mounted directly to the dolly and held in place with just one main nut each on the end of the caster. They leaned and jammed rather than swiveled.

Imagine trying to turn four wheel dollies, each with four casters on it, and getting them to all go in the same direction. Bloody awful.

I can tell already, as I assemble the set from Princess Auto, that the new ones are far better. Look at how much larger the Princess Auto (PowerFist brand) wheels are.
ejvabs.jpg

And, the casters are held in place by four bolts each. The dollies are the same surface size as the Canadian Tire brand, so most tires will fit. My only complaint with the new ones is the blue doesn't go with my colour scheme in the shop. :D
2yuk3yx.jpg

Thanks again New C5er for the link to the sale.

Our dollies from Princess arrived this afternoon, no charge for shipping. As far as frame flex, GM is always bragging about how rigid these new cars are so I doubt that a jack will hurt them. I jacked from the side to change wheels but like was said, you are jacking a lot higher for this.

Our dollies from Princess arrived this afternoon, no charge for shipping. As far as frame flex, GM is always bragging about how rigid these new cars are so I doubt that a jack will hurt them. I jacked from the side to change wheels but like was said, you are jacking a lot higher for this.

lol, they can brag all they like but I can hear flex and there is always some flex.

To my mind why amplify that flex -- it will just end up with squeaks and rattles.
Using 2 jacks is easy for me so taking the chance of overflexing just isn't work it. -- Just my humble opinion. :D

C.

On tuesday I drove the 80 kms. to P.A. and they had held my two sets reserved in the back for me. But I was surprised at a sale and bargains like this one that there were at least ten sets of dollies still for sale on the store floor. A lot of times I have gone in for a sale item and they were sold out, But they always gave a raincheck and will hold the item at the sale price for you. But the only problem I have at Princess is at checkout time. My bill I figured would be about $120 with some extra items. But of course all that extra, extra eye candy stuff came to $197.
Also to 67 Heaven, the free shipping notice was just under the price after you click on product view or "see it". Have to assemble mine yet, right after I finally do the oil change for the hibernation. Hurts to look at it sitting in the garage all so lonely.

Last edited:
Couple weeks ago there was skid loads of these things at Princess in Mississauga for $49 set. Does anyone know when the sale ends?

Personally I like the hydraulic dolly type the ones tow truck drivers use - each one has a jack integrated into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.