And at 14 3/8" wide they should handle all our tire widths just fine. You want your shop floor swept clean of ALL gravel. Even the smallest stone is like a rock. The steel wheels don't like them one little bit. Engine hoists and engine stands don't like the stones either.

Just a thought for anyone wanting these dollies.It's 9.30 AM here in B.C. right now and I tried to get the dollies shipped to me because it's free delivery in December. They will ship them today or hold them in the store till closing time tomorrow. In this case the early bird will get the worms. Phone now and they are yours, limited stock as with most things at Princess.
Al..

Just a thought for anyone wanting these dollies.It's 9.30 AM here in B.C. right now and I tried to get the dollies shipped to me because it's free delivery in December. They will ship them today or hold them in the store till closing time tomorrow. In this case the early bird will get the worms. Phone now and they are yours, limited stock as with most things at Princess.
Al..

Good to know Al -- thanks.
I did notice that our sale starts Dec. 4 here.

C.

Just ordered on line a set of four for $99 plus tax and free shipping showed up on the order. For winter storage, I will be able to roll the Corvette tight to the wall on the north side and be able to use both bays for winter vehicles.

Thanks for the link. And, thanks for the info on when the free shipping shows up. I got two pairs ordered.

They're down to 6 pair remaining.

Amazing how they can drop the price that much AND free ship AND still make money. :D

I wasn't happy with the set I bought from Canadian Tire last year. I hope these will be better.

So.......how does one get the wheel onto the dolly ??? Jack up the car ?

Curious minds want to know !

Tony,
welland

LOL at 67 Heaven....

Tony, you'll need to jack up the rear from the central jacking point under the rear and place both dollies under the wheels ..... lower onto dollies.

The jacking point is quite plain: A sturdy aluminum I-beam spanning transversely directly between the wheels. I place a 2x4x8" on the jack and lift along that beam in the middle.

I can't do the front but there is a jacking point up front too.....if someone would chime in with a description.

C.

LOL at 67 Heaven....
;)

On our old cars with a perimeter box frame, this is how we do it. One side at a time.

2n6dait.jpg

Here's the deal: Order 4 dollies (2x49.99) and get free shipping.
Free shipping (Purelator) kicks in at $75.00.

These dollies are regularly $89.99 per pair so it's a very good sale.

C.

Would it really hurt a C5 with hydroformed chassiss to just lift the car just high enough to get a dolly under a wheel, assuming of course that you open the trunk and hood and loosen the convert. top? But I won't do it cause I'm to hesitant to try it cause of possible twisting of the frame and what ever else. Too many warnings around to not do this at all to these cars especially convertibles.

Would it really hurt a C5 with hydroformed chassiss to just lift the car just high enough to get a dolly under a wheel, assuming of course that you open the trunk and hood and loosen the convert. top? But I won't do it cause I'm to hesitant to try it cause of possible twisting of the frame and what ever else. Too many warnings around to not do this at all to these cars especially convertibles.

I'm like you: concerned about body and frame flex. I'd rather err on the side of caution. I believe it's worth it in the long run.

I have 2 hydraulic jacks just for that purpose.

Jacking up enough to get the dollies under the wheels is a lot more than just jacking up to change a wheels.

C.

67 Heaven,
yes......gas it and jump !! ........sure !!

trouble is with all that forward momentum......front garage wall is going to come
quickly into focus. [g]

The visual on this would look just fine !!

Tony,
welland

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.