Postie

Feb 28, 2009
Cold lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Gday Guys, Have a C6 06, with 25k's on her and am noticing that the front wheels are wearing more than normal on the inside on both tires. The rears are starting more than normal as well on the insides not as much as the fronts. There all stock as well.
Have read a few forums on this and it seems it's normal? from factory settings.
Has anyone else noticed this with these C6's? and if so is a 4 wheel alignment in order to correct it.?

Gday Guys, Have a C6 06, with 25k's on her and am noticing that the front wheels are wearing more than normal on the inside on both tires. The rears are starting more than normal as well on the insides not as much as the fronts. There all stock as well.
Have read a few forums on this and it seems it's normal? from factory settings.
Has anyone else noticed this with these C6's? and if so is a 4 wheel alignment in order to correct it.?

Yes, normal, plus a 4 wheel allignment would be in order. Now, there are different settings for the allignment, you can have your factory one or you can get some sport settings, these settings are available on the net, but make sure you bring your sheet to the allignment place.

I use a sport setting, I deeply enjoy it.

Oh ya the tires are still fine, fair amount of tread, no signs of bad wearing. A bit noisy but thats it. I give lots of TLC to the car and just noticed it. On the other GM forums, they say the factory settings are set for hard cornering and driving. There's lots of guys that have changed there setting to reflect bettere performance. One site had a guy with an 08 Z06 with 10k and had the same rob. GM gave him new wheels. But the car is meant for hard driving, but for me most time it isn't that way. I'll just confirm that there's nothing out on camber or toe, the roads where I'm at are rough, Cold Lake AB. Edm on weekends,

Well ref my wheel issue, the factory settings were off all all 4 tires, all corrected now and good to go. Cost $110 Too easy. I just went back to factory settings seens it was off by x degrees.

Dbakke, you should definatly get the alignment looked at, for the cost of getting it looked at compared to new tires, it's well worth it. Ether they pick up something or they don't.

Well thats always a question when it comes to looking after the car properly. I'm sure many people have good places to go in your area or even if you have to drive a fair distance, Still good.
My back ones were wearing just slightly on the insides. Almost not even noticible.