70E9C16A-3F6B-4D4D-9AF4-BE41AB29AA21.jpeg
9302F9DC-8B7E-45E0-9AFF-7D1CC4788DF5.jpeg
The deluxe Donair from Moes. 225 grams of beef.

Sorry Mike.... Nothing competes with King of DonairsHalifax... This was the first Donair shop in Canada.... Spent a lot of nights after the bars closed walking down Quinpool road with donair sauce dripping off my elbows.... If you ever get a chance, check it out.....

li-ns-king-of-donairs.jpg

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Sorry Mike.... Nothing competes with King of DonairsHalifax... This was the first Donair shop in Canada.... Spent a lot of nights after the bars closed walking down Quinpool road with donair sauce dripping off my elbows.... If you ever get a chance, check it out.....

li-ns-king-of-donairs.jpg
I work with a guy from Halifax and like you,he’s been to that place many times. Roger says there’s nothing here in Calgary that compares to them.

Funny thing though,my father served 25 years in the airforce and the first time I tried a Donair was one summer we went back to see relatives in Shediac NB and my uncle Ronny took me to a place down near Parlee Beach that made them. When we moved here in 74,I asked friends if they’d ever heard of them and nobody had. I can’t recall when I first tried one here but it was well into my 30s when we finally found a place.

If I ever go back to NS,I’d be sure to search for this place.

Shame on you for posting that Mike! Jen's not exactly innocent either. My stomach started to growl as soon as I looked at it.

Bill
Although it looks absolutely delicious, I'm a little concerned with an updated head count of the chickens that provide eggs there each morning .... :Wideyed:

Today i went downstairs … to my fav cafe for their BLT chicken wrap
… At the cafe for chicken quesadillas …
I am assuming this place is in YVR as I went downstairs at home and found nothing like this … (LOL) … so when we are in YVR can you share the name of this place / location? It all looks rather yummy ...

I am assuming this place is in YVR as I went downstairs at home and found nothing like this … (LOL) … so when we are in YVR can you share the name of this place / location? It all looks rather yummy ...

Not at YVR, this place is down at Coal Harbour. It is called Cafe Villaggio
IMG_20180821_175611.jpg

IMG_20180822_142954.jpg

IMG_20180822_143004.jpg

IMG_20180822_143014.jpg

IMG_20180822_145624.jpg

Good food, everything is made in house.

Attachments

• IMG_20180822_143014.jpg
    IMG_20180822_143014.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
holy crap that Café looks like a place to go to that's forsure ... yummy
Coal Harbour .... Same Airplane from YYC right ? :joyful:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.