Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
The bad news is that Bonnie had an accident with our 2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW. The car is amazing in quality. Sadly the car looks like it will be written off due to too much in repairs. The good news is that neither Bonnie or Nathalie had any injuries.

So now it looks like we might be shopping for a new car. Here are my options so far:

Ford Focus SE 2010

• Love this car as we already have one. Ford has their great 5-0 incentive with 0% financing. I would rather use their money even if I have mine at this rate.
  • We would love to get another wagon but that model will not come out until late 2011.
  • Would also love the new Fiesta but it will not get the 5-0 treatment as it is in high demand.
Mazda 3 Sport

• Seems like a good car. I see many of them on the road.
  • Mazda also has a 0% financing going on.
Honda

• Not sure about this. Hondas are some of the most stolen vehicles out there, The Accord is nice but will be pricey.
Hyundai

• Maybe an Accent 5 door?
  • Not sure what incentives they have but Hyundai now has a good reputation
GM

• Can't think of anything.
Chrysler

• Wouldn't touch it.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Good reviews on the Chevy Malibu. I'm not saying to buy one, but just another option. The other car I would highly recommend is the Toyota Matrix. I have driven my friends quite a bit over the last six months and it has been great as a DD. Outside of Toyota's recent recall deal, I am sure they are still great cars and I would not hesitate to buy one.

Everyone has an opinion Pierre as you can tell.. :) truth is that at the end of the day, only you need to be happy with your purchase. I just bought an '01 Mercedes E55 AMG out of Vancouver for $15k with only 45k on the clock. I'll have about $18 in it after I'm done being anal with it but to ME... that was the best value :)

My own observations...

1. VW doesn't MAKE a new car for under $20k and from personal experience owning 2 VW's and 2 Audis I can attest to the fact that dealer service/support is hideous at best.

2. Same goes for Nissan and the brand new Maxima I had to get rid of with only 25k on the clock due to 5 pressure cracked windshields, two new struts, horrible HORRible brakes and a myriad of other issues.

3. Hyundai is, believe it or not, making great value for dollar cars and they seem very focused on customer satisfaction. I know a few people that have gone this route and they were very very happy.

4. I second the Subaru motion as well.. excellent cars, last forever, great motor, AWD but I don't think you'll get one for under $20k... if you can and I'm in fact incorrect, that is a great option.

Just my $0.02.... or was that a whole dollar??? :)

Everyone has an opinion Pierre as you can tell.. :) truth is that at the end of the day, only you need to be happy with your purchase. I just bought an '01 Mercedes E55 AMG out of Vancouver for $15k with only 45k on the clock. I'll have about $18 in it after I'm done being anal with it but to ME... that was the best value :)

My own observations...

1. VW doesn't MAKE a new car for under $20k and from personal experience owning 2 VW's and 2 Audis I can attest to the fact that dealer service/support is hideous at best.

2. Same goes for Nissan and the brand new Maxima I had to get rid of with only 25k on the clock due to 5 pressure cracked windshields, two new struts, horrible HORRible brakes and a myriad of other issues.

3. Hyundai is, believe it or not, making great value for dollar cars and they seem very focused on customer satisfaction. I know a few people that have gone this route and they were very very happy.

4. I second the Subaru motion as well.. excellent cars, last forever, great motor, AWD but I don't think you'll get one for under $20k... if you can and I'm in fact incorrect, that is a great option.

Just my $0.02.... or was that a whole dollar??? :)

Great points! Well, we inked an amazing deal on the Hyundai Touring GLS for under $20K with some amazing terms in the process. Financing is 0% on 60 months, so even with having the money to pay for it, using theirs makes more sense! I will post some pics when we sort things out.

thats a great car for the $$$ Pierre!! and yes, they are very eager to please the consumer with great financing etc!!! i'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase!! which reminds me to post some pics of my DD too LOL

Good choice!Hyundai makes a great car today,they have come a long way and their current and future product looks good,and from what i find the Domestics have some excellent products and are coming out with some even better stuff in the next few years ( i want a new Buick Regal gs,and i'm only 32)
The Japaneese product seems to be going to pot,my sons teacher has a 2007 Mazda 6 thats on its 2nd engine,and now Honda owners are begining to see problems with their newer models,and Toyota is becoming what GM used to be.
The only place Hyundai is lacking is in resale value,its still even lower than the domestics is some cases,this will change but it will take awhile to change consumer perseption, i find no reason why any japaneese car is better in any way than a Hyundai.

Picked it up today. The car is EPIC. First thing I did was replace the stock (half decent) radio with a 1 DIN Kenwood KIV-BT900. Now I have iPod/iPhone; BT; Tuner and I can even watch movies on the smallish screen.

Pics will be posted when it stops raining tomorrow.

Here are the pics as promised, This thing is HUGE inside. You can cross your legs in the back seat!

P1010411.jpg

P1010415.jpg

P1010412.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.