AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
This question was raised on another site today and got me thinking.

Traditionally, if GM was to have a Corvette price increase, it would be in Mar/Apr of the model year. With the latest reviews, this just might be a consideration for the Z06.

GM announced our Cdn prices recently, yet upwards to 95% of the few that are coming here will not be delivered until Spring/summer 2015. In my case, it is a Mar/April delivery.

As far as US sales, there seems to be a belief that, unless your car is set for production, you are not protected by that price increase.

How would that work here? Is it possible that, if a price increase were to occur in March, that all but the 3-4 that had been delivered before this period would be subject to that increase?

In the same respect, how does that speak to my dealer sending me the latest workbench of my order with pricing on it now? Does that mean anything? IS there price protection of any form?

It is a bit concerning considering, unlike the US, we cannot order for delivery within a month or two....so we seem to be at a disadvantage to the fault of GM who won't supply through the winter months, at least for this Z06 production period.

This question was raised on another site today and got me thinking.

Traditionally, if GM was to have a Corvette price increase, it would be in Mar/Apr of the model year. With the latest reviews, this just might be a consideration for the Z06.

GM announced our Cdn prices recently, yet upwards to 95% of the few that are coming here will not be delivered until Spring/summer 2015. In my case, it is a Mar/April delivery.

As far as US sales, there seems to be a belief that, unless your car is set for production, you are not protected by that price increase.

How would that work here? Is it possible that, if a price increase were to occur in March, that all but the 3-4 that had been delivered before this period would be subject to that increase?

In the same respect, how does that speak to my dealer sending me the latest workbench of my order with pricing on it now? Does that mean anything? IS there price protection of any form?

It is a bit concerning considering, unlike the US, we cannot order for delivery within a month or two....so we seem to be at a disadvantage to the fault of GM who won't supply through the winter months, at least for this Z06 production period.

Not sure if my reality is relevant here or not. I ordered a 2015 Z51 based purely on the 2014 ordering guide and pricing because it happened last May well before 2015 pricing was available. I had a couple of complications mind you. I ordered the NPP which became standard on the Z51 but the NPP cost was on the sales order. Similar with the NAV. I ordered the NAV for my 2LT at $795.00. The NAV price jumped significantly in 2015 because of the addition of the PDR. In the end, when I got an event code of 3000 a couple weeks back, the cost rose from $73,060.00 to $77,500.00 all before taxes and fees and fines. Granted, that cost includes about $1000.00 for the now mandatory transparent roof [slow burn]. I would say my costs rose about 5% over 2014.

Not sure if my reality is relevant here or not. I ordered a 2015 Z51 based purely on the 2014 ordering guide and pricing because it happened last May well before 2015 pricing was available. I had a couple of complications mind you. I ordered the NPP which became standard on the Z51 but the NPP cost was on the sales order. Similar with the NAV. I ordered the NAV for my 2LT at $795.00. The NAV price jumped significantly in 2015 because of the addition of the PDR. In the end, when I got an event code of 3000 a couple weeks back, the cost rose from $73,060.00 to $77,500.00 all before taxes and fees and fines. Granted, that cost includes about $1000.00 for the now mandatory transparent roof [slow burn]. I would say my costs rose about 5% over 2014.

Same situation I experienced. Nav/pdr went to $2200.

If you have a sold order, with your name on it, you are protected against any price increases during the model year. The dealer should honour it, as they can get the difference back from GM. If you do not take delivery of the same model year car as you ordered, you are not price protected, although I note that GM did give at least partial price protection to 2014 orders that received 2015 cars from the same dealer. Typically this does not happen, and I would in no way count on it happening again. You pay the price for the new model year, because, well, you got the new model year. I doubt any owners will tell their dealers that they should only receive the value of a 2014 model, not a 2015, because they only paid 2014 price... ;-)

In VINDIC8R's case, he received no price protection, because he never ordered a 2014. He simply used 2014 pricing as a base line for the cost of his 2015, but there never should have been any expectation, or representation from his dealer, that this was the pricing that would apply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.