What to do with tires during prolonged car storage........ Whhhaaaat!! Firstly... you drive your vette all year round ! Yes certainly, even if your address is somewhere in Alaska! Nobody drives on the roads unless ploughed anymore so deep snow is no issue; and the Corvette is designed and tested with Northern Canada in mind! And check it out.... Winter tires are available! And for what we have paid for these cars why wouldn't I want to drive it all year!

Hmmmmm..... methinks this may be ride rover50 giving us a morning smile as well... but just in case, remind me never to buy an 09 black/black Coupe out of London.... :eek:

so I hugged my Stingray fleet this weekend and started up the thunder ... drove them 10 feet and then back again.
waited until today to cover them back up ... but good ole free OnStar sent me my monthly reports on each...
both all good except both with low tire pressure warnings ... hmmm ... all was good a month ago.
I have one Stingray with Nitrogen in the run flats and the other conventional compressed air.
So I gave in and am doing a test of getting the tires off the concrete slab.

In my business, I run into a few things that sellers want me to promote. There is something that came up for developing basements
and I questioned whether they will withstand the weight of the four legs of a 1970 - 1" slate Brunswick Pool table. I get an answer but no proof ...

So never mind the pool table ... game on ... how about a Corvette?
So two science experiments are on ...
a) question of withstanding weight of a pool table legs for my basement renovations endorsement
b) question of it helping to isolate Corvette run flats from the unheated garage concrete slab

the product ...
IMG_3485.JPG IMG_3486.JPG

compressed air
IMG_3488.JPG

nitrogen filled
IMG_3489.JPG

by the way... for those who want to try ...
available at some Home Depots for $6 each ...
IMG_3490.JPG
they are meant to keep your basement floor finish
off of the cooler basement slab ... I've done it with
a similar rolled product in 2009 and it does the job
in my man cave ...
and I have a 1970 - 1" Brunswick Table on it too.

should have my next free (included) OnStar report in a month ...
Wife says .... Science ? YYSSW .... just an excuse to drive my car 10 feet and back again ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
so I hugged my Stingray fleet this weekend and started up the thunder ... drove them 10 feet and then back again.
waited until today to cover them back up ... but good ole free OnStar sent me my monthly reports on each...
both all good except both with low tire pressure warnings ... hmmm ... all was good a month ago.
I have one Stingray with Nitrogen in the run flats and the other conventional compressed air.
So I gave in and am doing a test of getting the tires off the concrete slab.

In my business, I run into a few things that sellers want me to promote. There is something that came up for developing basements
and I questioned whether they will withstand the weight of the four legs of a 1970 - 1" slate Brunswick Pool table. I get an answer but no proof ...

So never mind the pool table ... game on ... how about a Corvette?
So two science experiments are on ...
a) question of withstanding weight of a pool table legs for my basement renovations endorsement
b) question of it helping to isolate Corvette run flats from the unheated garage concrete slab

the product ...
View attachment 13065 View attachment 13066

compressed air
View attachment 13067

nitrogen filled
View attachment 13068

by the way... for those who want to try ...
available at some Home Depots for $6 each ...
View attachment 13069
they are meant to keep your basement floor finish
off of the cooler basement slab ... I've done it with
a similar rolled product in 2009 and it does the job
in my man cave ...
and I have a 1970 - 1" Brunswick Table on it too.

should have my next free (included) OnStar report in a month ...
Wife says .... Science ? YYSSW .... just an excuse to drive my car 10 feet and back again ... :rolleyes:

I get low tire pressure reports every month whether summer or winter. Usually runs around 190 parked but as soon as I hit the road and the tires warm up, I'm up in the 220 range and all is fine.... Never get a low pressure warning from the TPMS though so I don't worry about it...

Strange there is air in one of your Stingrays... I thought they all came with nitrogen these days...

Looks like Dri-Core or a similar product. I had a municipal client on a totally different project that told me he had to remove this type product from his basement after a short time. Seems it was recommended and installed to allow moisture to drain underneath the floor and avoid moisture damage to the finished flooring. Basement floor concrete wasn't perfectly graded to the drains it seems and pockets of moisture got trapped in the dips instead of draining away. Being covered, it couldn't evaporate to atmosphere and thus created a nasty mold problem under the flooring. Have you ever heard of that Spence?

Reactions: YFCvii
I get low tire pressure reports every month whether summer or winter. Usually runs around 190 parked but as soon as I hit the road and the tires warm up, I'm up in the 220 range and all is fine.... Never get a low pressure warning from the TPMS though so I don't worry about it...

Strange there is air in one of your Stingrays... I thought they all came with nitrogen these days...

Looks like Dri-Core or a similar product. I had a municipal client on a totally different project that told me he had to remove this type product from his basement after a short time. Seems it was recommended and installed to allow moisture to drain underneath the floor and avoid moisture damage to the finished flooring. Basement floor concrete wasn't perfectly graded to the drains it seems and pockets of moisture got trapped in the dips instead of draining away. Being covered, it couldn't evaporate to atmosphere and thus created a nasty mold problem under the flooring. Have you ever heard of that Spence?
The product may likely be what I am currently using in my basement right now if it came in a 48" wide roll. This new product here is a tile system. It is misrepresented for resolving moisture. Moisture would be a problem with or without this. The product is awesome for getting the finish off the concrete (warmer floor to the toes). If there's moisture, you have a problem regardless of what's on the floor and it's reno-remediation time.

Got air in the 2017 because the nitrogen broke down at the dealer and it was costly and time consuming to get it going again. So we got air ...
Many Calgary Dealers are not putting nitrogen in as they do not want the operating and costs of the equipment. (yup its just another Calgary dealer thing with me)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.