not2melo

High RPM Poster
Feb 8, 2009
Greg in Toronto/Gtown
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Z51
I recently upgraded the rubber on the vette last year and with so many choices out there it was
hard for me to figure out which one to choose.
Maybe this post will help people with their choice since spring is coming very fast and I am sure
there will be a few of us that are in the need of some new skins for the car come summer.

Here are a few question that might help you in making your final decision.

1. What tires do you currently have on your car?
2. What size are the Fronts and the Rears?
3. What price did you pay approx. and where did you purchase them? (no links)
4. Did you have any install or clearance/rubbing issues?
5. How do the tires hookup and corner?
6. Would you buy that make again?
7. What did you previously have on your car and did you like them and why?
8. If you have a couple of photos post them up.

I will answer first to see if we can start this off and create a bit of a knowledge base for everyone.

1. Nitto NT05's
2. Front: 255-40-17's, Rear: 295-35-18's
3. $950 from Discount Tire Direct.
4. No Issues.
5. Fastastic on Hookup and cornering, A+
6. Yes.
7. Firestone SZ50EP run flats, No, hard ride, bad traction.

nittont05x4.jpg

nittont053.jpg

Yup, stock on a C5 non Z are 245/45/17's and rear are 275/40/18's
I bet your 275's would rub on turning if you lowered the car, thought the most you
could go where 265's in the front but not sure, depends on the profile height also.

No rubbing,dropped to the weeds! I have Z06 wheels and I believe the stock size was 265/40/17. Like the tread pattern on the nittos. How much where they to your door total?

R U sure about that front tire size? Seems a little small. I run 275/40/17

You forgot to write about what you have on your car! I am very interested in hearing what different tires people are running.

For me, I have nothing exotic,

1. Kumho Escta SPT.
2. Stock sizes for Coupe
3. Tires were new when I purchased the car.
4. No Issues!
5. Hookup, not great but ok, activates A/H. Spins in 2nd.
Cornering, I find the car lets go a lot quicker than I would expect.
6. Probably not. I would look at Nitto or BF's or Goodyear.
7. No Previous Tires.

IMGP2444.jpg

I am running the Nitto Invo :

275/35/19 front
305/25/19 rear

Nittoinvo2.jpg

Nittoinvo.jpg

$1400 CND to my door from Discount tire Direct USA

Thx
Manny

What tires do you have on your car Mr. Howie? Do you like them or are you looking for something different? Even if you don't like them, I would like to hear so I don't purchase the same ones.

1. What tires do you currently have on your car? Goodyear supercar Eagle GS
2. What size are the Fronts and the Rears? F-275/40/17 R-295/35/18
3. What price did you pay approx. and where did you purchase them? (no links) With purchase of car
4. Did you have any install or clearance/rubbing issues? NIL
5. How do the tires hookup and corner? Not sure
6. Would you buy that make again? Not sure
7. What did you previously have on your car and did you like them and why? N/A
8. If you have a couple of photo N/A ------- Dont have much to offer but I was looking at a set of Falken Azenis RT-615 275/40/17 and 315/30/18 rear. Very reasonable price and the shipping and brokerage fees are covered The specs look pretty good and I sorta like the tread pattern.

I see why you didn't post up about your tires, because you just got your car! Now it all makes sense. Thanks for putting it up anyway. Are the tires that you currently have run-flats? Are they quite worn?

1. What tires do you currently have on your car? Firestone Wide Oval
2. What size are the Fronts and the Rears? F-275/40/17 R-295/35/18
3. What price did you pay approx. and where did you purchase them? $1300 installed
4. Did you have any install or clearance/rubbing issues? NIL
5. How do the tires hookup and corner? Hook up and handle to my expectations, no scrubbing in second gear at all yet great wear characteristics and 400 times quieter than a goodyear
6. Would you buy that make again? Yes
7. What did you previously have on your car and did you like them and why? Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar... NO, they were sh*t... wore out quick and way too loud plus double the cost of what I replaced them with
8. If you have a couple of photo N/A

Well not as impresive, but here you go.

1. What tires do you currently have on your car? Cooper Cobras
2. What size are the Fronts and the Rears? F- 245/60 R15 R- 255/60 R15
3. What price did you pay approx. and where did you purchase them? $500installed
4. Did you have any install or clearance/rubbing issues? Nope, although 255's on the front would on my car, 245 are very close
5. How do the tires hookup and corner? Work as good as I need them to right now
6. Would you buy that make again? Yes
7. What did you previously have on your car and did you like them and why? Old cracked up pieces of crap. Pretty much a don't drive on them type of tire
8. If you have a couple of photo? Nope, not right now

T

I had the Firestone Firehawks and they were terrible, ruff, loud, and I thought ugly.

I switched to the Michelin Pilot ZP's they are way better, quieter and look better. I do just city and highway with my car and not that much of either so for me I was going for comfort. I have no Idea if they would be good on the track.

Brent

Mine are NOT run flats. The tires on average would add approx 25lbs of unsprung weight to my car which is why Z06's do not come with run flats. I have a can of puncture seal... anything more serious than that would require a tow truck LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.