sante65

2 You're 10
Feb 16, 2011
Windsor
VetteCoins
Car
I have a 93 Corvette I just purchased and there is a large black box with lots of wires coming from it. I don't know what it is. Can anyone help me identify it. I've checked other 93's and none of them have it.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
It looks like somebody removed the computer on your car and then put it on top of the engine. It is loose on there or strapped down?

Other important info, did you take off the tube connecting the throttle body to the air filter intake? If not, you are sucking unfiltered air into your engine.

I am only a little worried as it appears that the engine my have been neglected.

Manny, am I right on this observation?

I have a 93 Corvette I just purchased and there is a large black box with lots of wires coming from it. I don't know what it is. Can anyone help me identify it. I've checked other 93's and none of them have it.

Can't expand the pic but I think you are referring to the cars computer. Most of the others Vettes may have the shroud on the computer but if you post a pic identifiying the exact part you want us to focus on I'm sure it can be identified for you. But I'm pretty sure you are referring to the black box in the corner of the pic. If so its the computer and in earlier C4's they were under the dash so it depends on what year you are comparing it to.

I think you guys are correct. I just purchased the vehicle and it is not able to be driven. Are these ECM's under the dash. How did it end up under the hood?

I believe it is suppose to be sitting in the engine compartment behind the front driver's side tire on top beside the brake booster. It looks like it is missing a cover as Mike pointed out.

I hope you get that sucker running so you can enjoy you car this summer! I'm sure you'll love it! Is this your first Corvette? Have you had others? Do you have any other pictures?

Sorry to be so rude before, I did not welcome you to the forum so, welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here and we are able to help you with your car.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Bought this car at an auction by only seeing pictures of it. Who needs rollercoasters and bungie jumping. This is my form of exitement!! This is my second Vette my first was a '78 Silver Anniversary. This car was definately neglected. Don't know who would treat such a nice car this way. Well it found the right owner now. By the way, how do you attach pictures stored on your computer. The picture attachment only allows URL's.

This is the best way to add pictures I have found: http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/pictures/984-adding-photos-into-threads.html

If you wish to just attach pictures, instead of hitting "Post Quick Reply" go to "Go Advanced". Below where you type stuff, in the category named Additional Options, go to Attach files and press "Manage Attachments". Another window will open up and under Upload File from your Computer, select Choose File. Choose your picture and hit Upload. That should get you there.

Let me know if you have questions.

Here is a better picture of my engine compartment. This car has been sitting for a while!

Attachments

• DSCN1025.jpg
    DSCN1025.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 5
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.