What do I enjoy?

Driving on warm summer days with the roof off with my wife by my side or watching the thrill on my wife's face when she gets her turn at the wheel.

As Doug stated, taking the car to cruise nights and car shows and talking with people who had one of these, or their neighbor or brother or father had one and the memories it brings back for them. The feeling of pride I get when people say "nice car!"

The satisfaction I get from working on the car with my son and working on the details trying to make it look better. I feel like the car's caretaker, helping to preserve it for the future.

The feeling of luck I have for finally getting a C3 after wanting one since I was 8 years old and saw my cousin's new '74 for the first time. He used to give me rides in it and to me at the time (in the late seventies), these cars seemed so advanced compared to anything else on the roads...it was almost exotic. I said to myself "someday I'll have one".

I love the colour combination of my car; silver with the dark red interior. The sound it makes when I fire it up. The sound it makes when you drop the hammer on the highway as it winds its way up to the redline. The sound of the Magnaflow exhaust and the headers. The sound of that four barrel wailing away. Watching the cowl induction door open up on the back of the hood when I put my foot to the floor. The way it shakes from side to side at idle. It feels alive. I feel alive when I drive it. This car is a throwback to a different time, a time when everything was an option. A time when a car was built exactly the way you wanted. A time when cars had five or six choices of interior colour alone.

And the way it handles and brakes. Hard to believe that a chassis designed in the early '60s was still this good in the late seventies.

And lastly, I love the way it looks; both inside and out. I love how the interior is more 1960's than 1970's. Mine is the last year for the thin spoke 1968 style wheel and it jsut feels so good to hold it in my hands. I love the huge speedometer and tach staring at me through that wheel. All of the guages just off to the right. The way the entire interior is red...everywhere you look. The view out through the windshield and down that long hood. The way the hood bulge rises up in the middle. The way the fenders rise up in front. The view of the rear fenders in the rear view mirrors. The look of the tunneled back window. The view from the front down low and looking up over that long hood. The Stingray script on the front fenders and the shape of the vents on the front fenders. The fact that those vents serve a purpose...they reduce lift on the front end at speed by removing trapped air from under the hood; not bad engineering for something designed for 1968. And lastly, sometimes I just like to open the hood and look at the engine; an engine that I can actually see, an engine that is naked for all to see.

This is my favorite view:

111.jpg

Or maybe this one:

Corvette005.jpg

It makes me feel decades younger
I love the look of my C5, I am sooooooo glad I got a conv.
I am glad the car "found" me, instead of the other way around.
I love it when kids scream out "cool car"
I love the look of a green car with tan interior
I love having a non-winter car.
I love the feel of driving it, no matter how bad my day may be
It makes me smile when it starts, love the sound, I always have the radio on.

I stole those thoughts.. Thanks.. I have been blessed with a lot of cars, in 45 years (over 100)... Last few years, suffering in the heat..:( I drove my metal car (72 455 4 speed) to Welland this summer in 35C day (40c with humidity) I sat in the Corvette turned on the a/c:D and "said I'll take it" Never drove one(C5) before that day...:confused: The car makes me want to drive it uptown, just for a ride.. Its in nice shape for a 13 year old car Looks like a 2010 to the neighbors I get thumbs up nice car and the nrighbor women are all over it lol The metal cars are still a love :agree: but this car turns me on, when I turn it on.....

So many things have been said here that reflect thoughts of my own already, but I'll just add that last night before we had supper I went to the utility room and opened the door to the garage and saw our the cover over our C5 red convertible and said out loud Hi ,we haven't forgotten you. She means something more to me than just a collection of sheet metal, plastic, and rubber etc. could ever convey.She is a piece of powerful art that also really "moves" us. Amen..

P.S. Also there isn't much that will also make twenty five year old girls honk and wave at you too.

Third gear makes me smile everytime I shift into it. Overall I love how my Vette does everything well, brake, handle and straight line performance. Even just turning the key and hearing it fire up makes me smile. I love it.:)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

and said out loud Hi ,we haven't forgotten you.
She means something more to me than just a collection of sheet metal, plastic, and rubber etc. could ever convey.She is a piece of powerful art that also really "moves" us. Amen..

P.S. Also there isn't much that will also make twenty five year old girls honk and wave at you too.[/QUOTE]

you talk to your car ??? :rofl: just teasing lol

This is pretty much how I sum it up...............when I take her out she gives me more pleasure than any one man deserves,....... so.............when I'm finished, pushing her hard and pushing her gentle I tuck her back in, but not without first admiring and rubbing down every inch every curve of her sleek racey structure with meguiar's special potion!! lol....

Some really good write ups!

In a nutshell, it's how the car makes me feel. One of the first sentances uttered by one of my friends when I bought it was, "I'm so jealous I want to punch you in the face." How is that for a compliment!:rofl:

For myself, the thing that impressed me the most when driving the car is that I cannot build anything as fast, reliable, or comfortable as this car for the same price. Independent suspension, 6 speed transmission, A/C, all aluminum motor? These are things I only dreamed about and finally have.

I don't think I'll ever be one of those "I wish I never sold that car" kind of guys but I may not have this car forever. I'm looking forward to the progression to a C6Z some day or maybe a C7 or if I'm lucky enough, a C2 with an LS7 and six speed!

Smile On A Kid's Face

What I REALLY like about the car is the way it can put a great big old smile on a kid's face. If I'm at a cruise night and a family with mannerly kids look at the car, I always ask the kids if they would like to sit in the car. The wide eyes and the big smiles make it worth while and it probably starts a lifetime of love for cars and Corvettes in particular. Works for me.:driving:

^ Lol!

Wife said after her first drive to Walmart in it... so how come everyone stares at me in your 'vette but no one even looks when I'm in the SUV.

Looks, handling, heads turn, sounds awesome... always wanted a race car that I can daily drive... 750hp is nice too.

Oh, I like that mine gets dirty, parks on the street, gets rained on and driven.

Meh it's just a car!!

HA! I was waiting for the follow up post! No one that just hangs out reading a book in the snow can think the Corvette is just a car!:D

Nice to hear it gets dirty. I assume it gets clean too? Funny post by your wife! My wife drives her Focus so people stop looking at her.:rofl:

Great thread Guys!!
I love everything about these cars. I love the way it makes me feel when I fire it up and drive it anywhere, be it the corner store or our Myrtle Beach Golf vacations.
I love The looks, the power, the excellent gas mileage, the Perma-Smile it puts on my face, the looks and comments you get from everyone, cruises with my buddies, cruising with my wife, cruises by myself, going out in the garage just to fart around adjusting things, cleaning & detailing. These are just a few things I like about good Ole OBSESHON.
Most of all, I like Driving it, and the Corvette Brotherhood associated with forums like our own CCF.
The only thing I don't like is parking her for our long and painful winters.

Bring on Spring again. I need that Perma-Smile.

:driving:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.