Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Well, I love the spirit of Christmas! It transcends all religions and should be something carried throughout the year and for all time. My C6 got some really nice toys for ths holidays. Here's the laundry list

• Nu Head unit Kenwood DNX-9140
  • JL HD 900/5 amp
  • JL C5 650 door speakers with tweeters and active x-overs
  • JL Stealthbox with 10" sub (was already there and needed new friends to play nicely with)

Car now not only looks great (it always did) but even sounds AWESOME!

P1010311.jpg

P1010313.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010208.jpg

P1010209.jpg

P1010210.jpg

Santa gave me a vette! LOL. Love the HU and the sub enclosure! Not liking the placement of the amp,is there not a place we can hide our amps? Also wondering can a double din HU be installed in a C5,and can we just remove the origonal HU in the C5 with no issues?

a double DIN will not fit in the C5 without some serious modifications. I've looked in to it already.

As will any stereo install (one of my past obsessions), you can put the amp almost anywhere you can think of. It ends up being a decision of how much time you want to invest in the install but most importantly, how invasive the install is on the car itself. True, the install isn't exactly cool but the amp can be removed along with the rest of the stereo with no other damage or modifications done to the car.

I would suggest a cover or carpeted surround to put over the amp (same color as the stock interior of course) just to hide all the wires whilst still leaving the top of the amp open for cooling purposes in this situation but there really isn't anything wrong with the install and location of the amp as it is right now.

Santa gave me a vette! LOL. Love the HU and the sub enclosure! Not liking the placement of the amp,is there not a place we can hide our amps? Also wondering can a double din HU be installed in a C5,and can we just remove the origonal HU in the C5 with no issues?

There a couple of guys in the U.S. that modify your radio/console piece to fit a double din unit.
PM me for more info.:canada:

Looks fine where it is , I was thinking with the limited space in a Vette where would the amp fit best? I am trying to stay away from loosing trunk space. This is what I want to stay away from.
001.jpg

Looked and sounded great but no room for luggage!

I am actually thinking of dropping a sub into the lower trunk area in the back,something like this with the exception on the amp and cap.
scan0014.jpg

Had to do that in order to get our golf bags in diagonally. Has had little impact on space in the C6 overall.

with this being my first xmas as a vette owner i anxiously awaited the various corvette related gifts coming my way. alas, unbelievably, i didnt get one thing. are you kidding me!! couldn't believe it. my own wife got me a beautiful diecast model of the new CAMARO!!!
i did innocently mention my surprise at the absence of corvette related stuff and hope for the best for my bday in february. sigh.

Maybe they did not want to remind you that your car is in storage. If anyone mentions Corvette in my house, I punch them square in the face. I don't like people bringing up that my baby is away from me, out in the cold, suffering...sigh.

Just kidding about punching them in the face. I use a phone book as it doesn't leave bruises.

I ordered myself a set of new seat covers and matching interior kit in Oak and Black with a few Nassau Blue accents.
Also painting up the hood liner and adding a aluminum backed C5 logo and doing some painting of underhood parts
and got some chrome caps and seat heaters for Xmas. :D

004oakwblackaccentandbl.jpg

That is the style that I what, did with some editing and what it should look like.
I got them thru a known vendor on the other forums DJ Motorsports Accessories.
Davis the owner is making the seats like the photo and also a interior package in
the oak/black theme, shifter boot, e-brake, door pulls, console cover etc.
Some of his work is posted on the other forums if you take a look he has some great reviews.
Will post up some photos when I get them mounted up, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread