I converted the headlights in my C5 to euro spec lights that GM installed in Corvettes exported to Europe. It was a lot of work and quite costly but well worth the effort. The biggest issue with the standard lights is the crappy plastic light housings and lenses. You might try installing Sylvania zXe or silverstar bulbs as a first step to see if that helps.

I seldom drive at night but found when I did the original headlights were very dim so I installed Silvania Silverstar Sealed Beams, H6054 on my C4. About $30 each from Canadian Tire. They’re definitely not as good as the LED’s on todays modern cars but they are a lot better than the originals.

I replaced the 9005/9006 bulbs with 9011/9012 (7500K/8500K). It's a cheap and easy improvement. The tabs need to be modified, easily done with a Dremel and this guide; How to Modify HIR bulb bases

For the fog lights, I replaced the OEM 899's with 885's (50w). This is a plug and play swap. There's a healthy increase in brightness, without stressing the existing wiring.

The fog lights need to be re-aimed, since they are WAY too low from the factory. You can do this yourself, garage door in the evening method. Turn on your low beams, and mark the top edge of the beam with some tape. Turn them off and now turn on the fog lights. Adjust the height of the fog beams to match the top edge of the low beams. You'll find thereafter that driving during the dusk/dawn times, you won't even need the low beams, just the fogs will be fine.

Finally, the hi/low beam relay kit. I added this as well. When using the high beams, the relay kit keeps the low beams on as well. This gives you all four eyes on the road.

• Informative
Reactions: OL Yeller
I replaced the 9005/9006 bulbs with 9011/9012 (7500K/8500K). It's a cheap and easy improvement. The tabs need to be modified, easily done with a Dremel and this guide; How to Modify HIR bulb bases

For the fog lights, I replaced the OEM 899's with 885's (50w). This is a plug and play swap. There's a healthy increase in brightness, without stressing the existing wiring.

The fog lights need to be re-aimed, since they are WAY too low from the factory. You can do this yourself, garage door in the evening method. Turn on your low beams, and mark the top edge of the beam with some tape. Turn them off and now turn on the fog lights. Adjust the height of the fog beams to match the top edge of the low beams. You'll find thereafter that driving during the dusk/dawn times, you won't even need the low beams, just the fogs will be fine.

Finally, the hi/low beam relay kit. I added this as well. When using the high beams, the relay kit keeps the low beams on as well. This gives you all four eyes on the road.

Nothing more annoying than some guy driving at you with his too high fog lights on on a clear night.

I have a solution for that....

1569848699174.jpeg

1569849213136.jpeg

They need an optometrist when I’m done.
Just sayin....

Last edited:
Nothing more annoying than some guy driving at you with his too high fog lights on on a clear night.

I have a solution for that....

View attachment 32000
View attachment 32001
They need an optometrist when I’m done.
Just sayin....
Note to self .... always let the Hummer lead the way and never drive towards it with ANY lights on...just in case. :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.