Staying with the VRX3 cam right now has a nice idle.
I want to see the test results on the FAST102 then if good
update that first and see where she stands in rwhp.

Right on Greg... I can tell you from last night's experience that the reviews of this cam are all true... Pretty kind in my opinion at idle.. the car really doesn't shake much set @ 1,000 rpms but enough that you know it's definitely not stock ;)... pulls incredibly. I didn't really notice a low end decrease of torque except maybe right at idle (if that means anything LOL). Basically I used to be able to backup slowly and creep forward just letting the clutch out slow and it really doesn't like that too much any more.

Other than that... it's an A+ grade from me! (and probably worth around 25 RWHP to you LOL)

It was just another fantastic day here in TO with the temp hitting 14C, boy summer is near!

I can still slap the VRX5 in as I have a Edelbrock dual split cover so no hard task.
In reading the VRX5 seems to be only 10hp or so over the VRX3 but the low end torque was much less.
I wanted a car with low end grunt and want to get those torque numbers higher.

Been out every day for the last week.
Gotta love it.:coolgleam:

What are you Garage Queens waiting for?
These are just another depreciating very nice car. You are just saving them for the next lucky owner to buy a low mileage under used Vette to drive the crap out of it.

Get them out and enjoy them.:canada:

Hey guys I wanted to chime in with a bit of info in regard to our VRX3/VRX5 camshafts.. I have attached a dyno graph below comparing the two cams in LS1 engines... You will notice the VRX5 loses a bit down low, but pulls much harder up top... The VRX3 camshaft is a bit easier to tune and will perform better in heavier cars around town at part throttle... The VRX5 is at home in a C6 with the lighter weight car and added cubic inches of the LS2.

If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to email/PM/Call

scan0004-8.jpg

Alright, If I am reading this correctly, if I H/C my car, I should use the VRX3, but if I stroke it out to a 402 then I should run with the VRX5.:D

Thanks for the reply! Great to see the difference between the two cams, not only in peak numbers, but over the rev range!

great info... interestingly... I love the way the car hooks up. Last week @ 0 degrees it hooked with no wheel spin in second just like it was the middle of summer. Now, I've heard of a few people that have had some traction problems and I can't help but wonder if the slightly less low end torque actually helps!!?? Other than that, it's a beast over 3,000 rpm compared to stock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.