CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Last year here it was in the 70's and airconditioners were on at the neighbours.
Trees leafing, flowers a-bloomin' magnolias in full blossom and about to wane, I'd already cut the grass twice......

Fond memories.

Keep the faith folks -- spring is commin'..... Just think how good it will be when it finally arrives.:D

C.

Good for you Rob -- glad to hear you got out -- Wonderful cruisin' country down your way.... Hope to get the gang over your way sometime this summer.

I'll bet Brian's 'vette was one at the meeting......:D

C.

Good for you Rob -- glad to hear you got out -- Wonderful cruisin' country down your way.... Hope to get the gang over your way sometime this summer.

I'll bet Brian's 'vette was one at the meeting......:D

C.

And you would have lost that bet my friend. When I woke Sunday morning there had been a light dusting of snow and it was as cold as a mother-in-laws kiss......so I took the tin car.

With the ice storm they must have used up the last of their salt as it is everywhere. At one highway intersection, you could have used a shovel to clean it up. We will not be out until there is some good amount of rain storms to wash the roads clean. It does not take much salt to start the rust process. I have been storing play toys every winter since 1972 so I have learned to have patience.

And you would have lost that bet my friend. When I woke Sunday morning there had been a light dusting of snow and it was as cold as a mother-in-laws kiss......so I took the tin car.

Jeesh -- I lost another chocolate newnutty........times are tough..:eek:

Snow in the banana belt? -- WTF.... there's no justice.:D

I'll take your word for "mother-in-law's kiss". :rofl:

C.

I was out yesterday for a coffee run and a trip to good old Canadian tire. Today I am visiting my cousin in Burlington and the intent was to bring the 'vette, well now it's a rainy day so my options are limited.

Or are they?

I've been thinking a lot about Gary Bishop, we have no idea how much time we have left and I think we need to enjoy ALL of it as much as possible. Keeping the car low mileage and 100% squeaky clean is only going to benefit the next owner.

I just may decide to copy the Porsche drivers that Tony mentions and actually drive the car in less than perfect weather.

I know you were talking about weather Colin but in my case I think I am also changing my mine about the whole Corvette experience. My this has turned into a bit of an introspective post, I guess rainy mornings will do that to you.

....I know, without pictures it's BS, stay tuned, film at 11.

Wayne thinks the way we do. The previous owners of our car put 13300 miles on it over seven years. We put on over 12K miles last year alone. I turn 67 in May and I don't have 35-45 years to wait for our car to become valuable. We're going to enjoy it as much as we can and when we are done with it, who cares. The next guy can restore it if he wants to. At least he will know that we fully enjoyed the car. In the last two years we have buried three cousins and one was only 56. Enjoy life while you can, it can end in a heart beat. It is really nice to be fortunate enough to have the where with all to be able to afford one of these cars in the first place so we had better appreciate the opportunity. Not many people ever get the chance.

My son came home from school today and wanted to go for a ride...what the heck. 10C and sunny out so I took him for a spin out to the highway and back into town. He loved it!

My car had averaged 2000 miles a year when I bouight it last year. I put 3000 miles on in 6 months. I might put 4000 miles on this year.

Not hard to drive more than a lot of original owners of these 'vettes :rolleyes:

-- Up until now, I've tried to be selective in my drives and have put on 12000 kilometers in 13 driving months since buying this car. That was while having 3 cars available to drive last summer and the tail end of 2011......

The 'vette will get more clicks this year since my 'winter beater' is coming off the road for the summer leaving only 2 vehicles to use.

Hate the cleanup and won't put it away wet (or dirty:D) but will just have to suck up the back pain and get it done.

Now if we can just get enough temp to warm these summer tires to get some decent grip we'll have it made in the shade......:coolgleam:

Weekend forecast isn't good for summer tires with temps going all the way up to 4 or 5!!!!! -- I wonder if they make all season tires in my sizes? hmmm.

C.

Not the cleanest it's ever been but it didn't melt :)

Rain1-XL.jpg

Enjoyed the drive, watching what RainX can do can be very distracting at times.

Keith I also turn 67 this year, (no idea how that ever happened, I swear I used to be younger than Brian) I also share your outlook on life, enjoy it while you can. My first wife passed on at age 52, no guarantees for any of us.

bring on the rain :coolgleam:

Wayne,

don't you mean.....bring on the reign ..of the corvette !! [g]

Tony,
welland

Tony is right on his game. Good one Tony ... :D

I'm sure we'd all love a reign more than rain, but Wayne wants to reign in the rain.....

Car still looks awesome Wayne even while reigning in the rain.

Tony will appreciate this: What a shower!:rofl:

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.