Featured Thread
Aug 6, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS Convertible
Province
AB
We have had a VERY busy week. With the Canada/ US border closed due to covid we couldn't drive the Corvette down this year. Early last week wife suggested we can't survive with one vehicle at our house in Tucson. I like to golf and she likes to go out and do things while I'm gone. We agreed that it would be nice to have a convertible but with a $10,000 budget it was going to be difficult so we agreed to look and see what we could find. We did look at a couple cars on dealer lots but they were filthy and in poor condition. I did find a private sale posted on our local "nextdoor" site and we agreed to meet the lady owner in a open parking lot on Wednesday.

Wife fell in love at first site and expanded our budget by a couple thousand more to close a deal. She was also quick to point out that this would be HER toy and I could have the Acadia to haul my golf clubs. Picked the car up on Thursday and spent most of Friday giving it a very thorough cleaning inside and out.

Happy Wife = Happy Life and she does let me drive when we are out together. Negotiating; Happy owner; her baby at home:
IMG_3601.JPG
IMG_3611.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG

Nice car! SLK 500? So there’s room in the trunk for golf clubs with the hard top stowed?

Yes we did steal the Car for under $12,000. It's 2003 SL500 with 54,300 miles. There were multiple owners but all service work since new has been done at the MB dealer here in Tucson. Everything works and I'm VERY impressed with the features it has for a 2003 model. Also, someone along the way added the 19 inch AMG wheels and BIG tires 255/35 front and 285/30 rear and they are quite new. I still have lots to learn about this car but it's very cool.

Yes we did steal the Car for under $12,000. It's 2003 SL500 with 54,300 miles. There were multiple owners but all service work since new has been done at the MB dealer here in Tucson. Everything works and I'm VERY impressed with the features it has for a 2003 model. Also, someone along the way added the 19 inch AMG wheels and BIG tires 255/35 front and 285/30 rear and they are quite new. I still have lots to learn about this car but it's very cool.

You had the perfect combo: a low mileage vehicle and one that likely changed hands enough times with a lowered price each time, resulting in you getting it for its lowest price. Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.