Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
While trying to figure out why I'm sweating to death this afternoon, I thought I'd check the Weather Network website to see just what is the temperature...24C at the Wiarton airport at 4:20 pm with a HUMIDEX of 30C!!!

And get this: Saturday is forecasting a high of 1C with a windchill of -5C and snow flurries!!

The sky here is getting very dark right now which worries me a bit. There's a severe thunderstorm watch out for our area. Gotta love April weather.

if it's any consolation, my son is in new orleans today and he said it was 12c and raining.

What the heck is that all about, Greg?-- We didn't get above 12*C here today.

......that humidity you had must have been uncomfortable....:confused:

Very strange.

We're expecting cold tonight, tho not quite as cold as forecast earlier: down to -2C but rising only to about +2 tomorrow!. yes chance of flurries.....:swear:

Then Sunday starting another warming trend for an improved week ahead with rain and 50 kph winds on Wed. Average daily temps in the 10 range. -- a few degrees below average.

Sound like you're in for some heavy weather tonight -- be safe

C.

What the heck is that all about, Greg?-- We didn't get above 12*C here today.

......that humidity you had must have been uncomfortable....:confused:

Very strange.

We're expecting cold tonight, tho not quite as cold as forecast earlier: down to -2C but rising only to about +2 tomorrow!. yes chance of flurries.....:swear:

Then Sunday starting another warming trend for an improved week ahead with rain and 50 kph winds on Wed. Average daily temps in the 10 range. -- a few degrees below average.

Sound like you're in for some heavy weather tonight -- be safe

C.

I posted that on Thursday Colin and now I see that it is snowing out this morning. I'll give the weatherman credit for being accurate.

Cold, windy and flurries on and off all day today. :mad:

Tomorrow much improved with sun and warmer. :D
The coming week is going to be nice and we're hoping for a Mud street meet :rofl::canada:

C.

The east of Toronto boys are to meet for lunch on Wednesday the 24th. Wouldn't you know it, the only rainy day of the week. That could change.....hopefully. If it rains, we'll just sit around after lunch and talk longer. ;)

looks like my shark will have to stay put, i had been hoping to take him on wednesday. the road into my buddy's place is just too brutal. i went over this morning and took the cover off great white anyway. c'mon weather, co-operate puh-leez.

We had our Corvette out for it's first run of the season, about 85 miles and were in as far as the Six Foot Bay resort but didn't know the number of your place Doug. Did see a lot that might be yours at Hunts Line Road. We'll be by again before too long. It's such a nice drive up that way.

We had our Corvette out for it's first run of the season, about 85 miles and were in as far as the Six Foot Bay resort but didn't know the number of your place Doug. Did see a lot that might be yours at Hunts Line Road. We'll be by again before too long. It's such a nice drive up that way.

too bad we missed you keith, we were around all day. you need to go right into the golf course/resort in order to get to our house. yes that's my lot at the corner of six foot bay and hunt's line. i was at the lot till about 12:30 today. our green # at home is 1291.

it was so nice out that we put about 85 miles on the car. First run of the year and all is well. ;) Not so nicer around Bracebridge with all the flooding. They got a pile of lake effect snow that we don't get farther east.

Last edited:
Yikes, Doug -- I hope that doesn't come up too much further...
Do you normally get a little 'overflow' like that or is this year abnormal?

Seems to me in previous years that lake levels were quite low and that risk of flooding was minimal.

C.

colin this happens about once every 10 years or so. this isn't the worst it's ever been......yet. about 20 years ago it came within 8 feet of the house but that was because the trent kept the dams closed too long due to work being done on another lake. i have a floating dock now !!! however i chained it to a big maple so i don't have to stand helplessly waving bye-bye.

These lakes are all part of the Trent-Severn water way canal system. With all the control dams, the lake levels are controlled reasonably well. Our cottage is on a lake system farther north and feeds into the Trent system. In the fall, all these off system lakes are lowered 4-6 feet so as to serve as catch basins for spring run off from farther north. Yesterday in Hastings, the water was moving along pretty fast but well under control. This could all change with an excessive amount of rain and the Minden-Haliburton areas are having flooding now as their snow is melting pretty quickly. Ours is all gone. The Haliburton Timmies is just high enough that you can get in off the highway and park. The parking lot to the rear slopes down towards the river and disappears under water.

I hate to say it but for a couple hours this afternoon we got flurries.
Nothing that stayed but it sure was depressing looking at it.:(

Better days are ahead (I hope).:D

C.

We got some accumulation today. :(

I had to go to Misssissauga today for a meeting for work; it was snowing quite heavily from Dundalk to Owen Sound on my way home. Supposed to get up to 9C tomorrow. Surely we have seen the last of the snow this spring.

There is a band of precipitation right now between here and Owen Sound and it is coming this way. The weather man says that we may just get some white stuff out of it. I don't look good in white, especially at this time of year. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread