Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
Ordered a Braille 3121 battery for my C7. I want to cut about 100 lbs from the car. The battery at about 20lbs lighter then the stock. Changed to headers 15 lbs lighter then the stock manifolds and carbon air intake 5lbs. In the spring I'm thinking of going with Burns stainless 2 stage mufflers which should reduce the weight another 45 - 50lbs. and sound better. Any other ideas on weight cutting ideas would be appreciated (that aren't too costly)?

Won't come anywhere near a 50lb drop with a muffler swap...stock cans are fairly light. CF wheels?

CF Wheels would be awesome!!!!

Did you remove the spare tire? :D

How deep do you want to get into your car for the weight reduction? The cooled seats in the 2LT are heavy from what I have heard.

Also consider changing from your RF tires to non-RF. Could save up to 20-25lb.

As a joke, what about keeping the tank below half? Fuel capacity is 70 liters so only running 35 liters of fuel will save you 56 lb over a full car. (I would not recommend running the car low on fuel as the fuel pump uses the gas to keep cool).

CF Wheels would be awesome!!!!

Did you remove the spare tire? :D

How deep do you want to get into your car for the weight reduction? The cooled seats in the 2LT are heavy from what I have heard.

Also consider changing from your RF tires to non-RF. Could save up to 20-25lb.

As a joke, what about keeping the tank below half? Fuel capacity is 70 liters so only running 35 liters of fuel will save you 56 lb over a full car. (I would not recommend running the car low on fuel as the fuel pump uses the gas to keep cool).

Yeah ... thanks for the suggestions ... not:rofl: CF wheels are nice but way too expensive. Having second thoughts on the mufflers if the Burns aren't going to save me much weight. More info gathering on the way.

9.3lbs Braille ML30C

Nice battery ... but $1500 + CAN conversion 15% +Duties 10% approx. + shipping $135 US = $2,000++ for a battery:nono: They were willing to include a 2amp lithium charger in the price. They do have one at $1000 US, still too much.
I had the lithium ion battery priced out and decided to get the AGM, $340 landed. It's 21lbs, still less then the 39lbs stock battery.

Ordered a Braille 3121 battery for my C7. I want to cut about 100 lbs from the car. The battery at about 20lbs lighter then the stock. Changed to headers 15 lbs lighter then the stock manifolds and carbon air intake 5lbs. In the spring I'm thinking of going with Burns stainless 2 stage mufflers which should reduce the weight another 45 - 50lbs. and sound better. Any other ideas on weight cutting ideas would be appreciated (that aren't too costly)?

I don't know how much you weigh but historically Corvette owners have been older and overweight. If this describes you maybe you would be better off losing some weight instead of making all these changes to the car first.

I don't know how much you weigh but historically Corvette owners have been older and overweight. If this describes you maybe you would be better off losing some weight instead of making all these changes to the car first.

If my wife read this tread, she will definitely tell me to go that route, less beer+less food+more exercise= less weight+faster car+fuel economy. They dont understand much about car stuff

Thanks ... but I train 6 days a week .. tactical combat instructor with over 40 years experience.:nono::coolgleam: My weight is not what i want to reduce.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread