One of the joys of vette ownership is the surprises when you discover what somebody else did before you owned it.
The additional PITA, was the final 2 pieces that go between the dash and the carpet at the door frames. One torx screw, one plastic push pin, no glue, easy peasy.... not so fast. Drivers side not too bad bit of a fiddle.. passenger side different story. The torx screw was corroded and the torx hole stripped out first try. Drilling it out was difficult as space available isn't enough to get a power drill into. I managed to get some drilling with a dremel tool, then removed the fuse box covers and just managed to get on the screw from the backside with vise grips, and got about 1/16th of a turn each try. However I did win the battle just took longer than expected.

Now it ate the AC.. more ownership joy.

Reactions: Darrellg1
I replaced those windlace seals on mine also. Drivers side fit perfectly. Passanger side didn't line up the holes perfectly. I had to mod the seal slightly. No corrosion in the holes fortunately.

Well I've done it. I have successfully replaced the weatherstrip. Job is a PIA but with patience and elbow grease and lots of adhesive remover, I got the old stuff out, got the channels clean and installed the new weatherstrip. I takes time, mostly to clean off the old glue and get the channels clean. I have been at it for 4 full days. However the end result is a much improved appearance. Not cheap for parts but price would have been crazy at shop rates . BTW I used parts from the Corvette Rubber Company. All the pieces installed with no problems, fitting perfect and looking great.
I'm about to replace my weatherstripping also - thanks for answering a lot of the questions I was about to ask. :) One more thing, though - what adhesive remover did you use to get out the old glue?
Thanks.

Hello Chequey
I used 3M adhesive remover. I found that it was best to spray it on and be patient ,let it work. I also found that a pry type screwdriver , wrapped with a micro fibre cloth seemed to be the best tool to clean out the mounting rails. Reinstall went fairly easy, I used an old plastic bondo spreader , inserted one side of the strip then pressed it in with the spreader. Patience and time . There are also videos
on line that explain where to start etc,
Good luck.

Reactions: Rubano87
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.