Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
I just learned of a watch that apparently was giving out to the top corvette salesman back in the 80's. From what I understand there is a few different watches that were available from the C4 area. Not sure if this was also done with-in other generations. These watches have a face plate to match the corresponding wheel. Made by Roadmaster Designs; and called the Road Wheel Watch. I sure would like to have the 88/89/90 version.

Anyway these are mighty cool watches, and from what I understand very hard to find today. Anyone ever gather any knowledge of these....
Pictured below is the 90 version. Anyone got a lead on one for me we could talk about a finders fee. :rofl:

t0AAcdo.jpg

YYA5jCD.jpg

Reactions: 1990darkredvette
That's very cool Brian a few have sold over the last few years on the "other" site. I suppose you could always do a WTB thread over there.

I did order a C7 RoadWheel watch last May but I still haven't had confirmation that my order has been accepted. Life can be cruel at times.

Whats up guys. Your post here gave me some hope for research. I have acquired both a gold tone and stainless steel model all original with original bands recently. I'm in the watch business, and also enjoy cars. I thought I could pass on the link to anyone still interested in having one of these watches! Rare Chevrolet Corvette Road Wheel 80s Issue Watch Original Gold Tone NICE | eBay

P.S. also i noticed the paperwork being from Bob Montgomery, which is from here in Louisville, KY. Very cool.

Attachments

• DSC_828745.jpg
    DSC_828745.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: CaledoniaBrian
Very interesting watch and worthy as a Corvette Collector Novelty.:thumbs:

Thinking if I were ever a top salesman in Corvettes (and Cadillacs) though,
I'd have to cough up some of my commission $$$$ to sport a Rolex ...
(there's nothing like the sun reflecting off a Rolex to the headliner of a Corvette)
in the meantime ... it's a Fitbit ... :Hurray:... and back to my desk job

Reactions: ddgermann
Watches are fascinating. These Corvette watches are interesting and I wonder how many of them are sitting gathering dust in somebodies dresser draw? I have a really old and abused Tudor in a Rolex case, bought it used in the early 1990's had it serviced once and other than it loses a few minutes a month it just keeps on running. Fascinated by the works, craftsmanship and ingenuity all in one package.

Watches are fascinating. These Corvette watches are interesting and I wonder how many of them are sitting gathering dust in somebodies dresser draw? I have a really old and abused Tudor in a Rolex case, bought it used in the early 1990's had it serviced once and other than it loses a few minutes a month it just keeps on running. Fascinated by the works, craftsmanship and ingenuity all in one package.
Most likely thats how the watch was originally cased. Interested in it if you have a means to sell.

I have a Rolex I bought in the 90's from a very reputable dealer who had a travelling store right on the beach in the Dominican Republic. Rolex watches were obviously a lot cheaper back then as I was able to bargain him down to $20.00 US..... :rolleyes: Sits in my dresser drawer and only comes out for special occasions. Proud to say it still keeps time too but every November and March it seems to wander off by exactly an hour.... Can't figure that one...

DSCN7055.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.