Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
So the main reason I had the car in to Williamsons was to get the driver side seatbelt replaced under warranty.
Luckily they believed me when I told them it came from the factory frayed, because when they removed an interior panel to get at the seatbelt tensioner and anchor they found evidence of rodent having been in there!! Insulation chewed is common evidence.
I once had mice living in my 2000 Camaro under the back seats. I have no idea how they got in my Camaro let alone a 2020 Corvette!

30 years ago I had a Vette put away in the garage for the winter. When I got in to start it
in the spring I noticed an odd smell, Mouse Crap.
They had made a nest in the AC ducting and lived comfortably all winter.
I tried everything to get the smell out to no avail. I finally sold it and the buyer must have gotten the smell
out, or his sniffer was broken because I went past his house 2 years ago and the car is sitting in his driveway.
Now every September I set 5 traps in the garage and monitor daily all winter.

I have been storing the car every winter for 16 years. I place several dryer sheets throughout the interior and under the hood.
I have no scientific evidence, but I've also never had mice......Oh sh@# now that I've said that there will probably be some this year(LOL)

Reactions: Blu427
I have been storing the car every winter for 16 years. I place several dryer sheets throughout the interior and under the hood.
I have no scientific evidence, but I've also never had mice......Oh sh@# now that I've said that there will probably be some this year(LOL)
I've heard from a number of people that the dryer sheets work.
It's inexpensive, easy to do, and smells good too.

I don't have mice in my Vette cave but have had them in multiple Rv's. Tried the dryer sheets which the mice liked using for their toilet paper, the Irish spring soap which they ate, and the ultrasonic sound pest controllers which I caught them brake dancing to the beat.... Finally sealed every gap larger than a pencil lead and haven't had an RV mouse since.

Dryer sheets are not 100% effective. Some mice, like the kind that burrowed into the ceiling of my friends car, seemed quite comfortable around the dryer sheets. Literally a whole box was used. His car was outside at my place under a couple of car covers. Dryer sheets were liberally sprinkled inside the car and all around it.

Careful with the moth balls. A fellow engineer has a BMW Z4. He stored it in his dads barn. I had suggested dryer sheets, but what did I know? His dad used a more than ample amount of mothballs. Well no mice but, the vicious odour didn't clear for about two months. Upside, its given me something to razz him about for the last few years.

Careful with the moth balls. A fellow engineer has a BMW Z4. He stored it in his dads barn. I had suggested dryer sheets, but what did I know? His dad used a more than ample amount of mothballs. Well no mice but, the vicious odour didn't clear for about two months. Upside, its given me something to razz him about for the last few years.
Yeah. I heard that from a guy who filled socks with moth balls and then put them inside the car.... Ouch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.