Jul 27, 2013
ontario
VetteCoins
Car
because the postman delivered my Franklin Mint 1972 Pewter Silver ZR1 model

Click for details

I now have #069/350 and am already trying to figure out how to make/mount side pipes and a luggage rack so that besides the hood it pretty much is a close replica to my 72 BB.

It's been crazy trying to find a pewter silver model shark and the wife shook her head and gave me the :nono:....but too late...it's here :)

Very attractive model CD -- I looked thru their collection and was impressed.
Thanks for showing us.

Looking forward to seeing your BB version too.:D

I have a couple of more recent vettes and my brother has a few. Hope to have more down the road.

C.

I had to get it through a private sale in Florida - then shipped to california - then to me. This one has been out of stock for a long time as only 350 were made. I tried getting one for my dad a few years ago, then came across one and couldn't resist. It came with all it's papers, 2 original boxes (F/M - serialized white box inside), a sealed folding foam container in box 2 with a set of white gloves and special pick for cleaning and opening/popping the headlights and hood and moving the seats forward....and all the paperwork. My buddy came over last night to see what a $200 toy car looks like and his first words when looking at it "worth every penny..it's awesome"

It does look VERY good!
Congratulations on tracking one down at a reasonable price (the wives just don't understand... do they?).
David

LOL, David, I believe wives are more understandable than one thinks (I've found) -- they know a toy for us (large or small) means a new dress or an evening out for them....
......and they sure like riding in or driving our 'big' toys......:D:D

CD -- I'll second your friend's comment and say the same: "worth every cent".

Enjoy -- they really are great collectibles.

BTW CD -- how do the Danbury Mint models stack up? Are they as nice as the F/M's?

C.

Last edited:
Looked at it again tonight and even the seat belts have metal clips. I took a look on the door locks and even the doors have the tiny emblems...even more impressed. Going to buy a case tomorrow. Once i figure out the correct sizeing i will make the pipes and the luggage rack and just going to use adhesive putty to hold them in place so i dont effect the finish on the actual model. If anyone has ideas for making those feel free to share :)

I've used a few before when building models. Here's a couple of the larger ones for stacks on my 1/16 scale FWD dump.

FWDfinal020.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread