Casual User
Mar 5, 2019
St. George
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2000
Province
ON
Hi folks. Looking for a little advice please.
After driving my 2000 vette for 45 minutes or so, I noticed the PRND area beside the automatic shifter gets quite warm. The side wall below the shifter gets warm as well. The tranny fluid was in the 78 degree range.
I did have a little leakage of red fluid near the rear end in the spring. It only happened twice and then stopped. The stain was about the size of a tennis ball.
Any opinions/suggestions?
Thank you.

After driving my 2000 vette for 45 minutes or so, I noticed the PRND area beside the automatic shifter gets quite warm. The side wall below the shifter gets warm as well. The tranny fluid was in the 78 degree range.
I did have a little leakage of red fluid near the rear end in the spring. It only happened twice and then stopped. The stain was about the size of a tennis ball.
Thank you.
C5 and C6 are notorious for tunnel heat and feeling it the cab somewhat. My C6 did the same thing. There are lots of trans tunnel heat shield kits for sale out there. As as far as the leakage, it may have been just some seepage but certainly something to monitor. 78 degrees is not that hot. I believe you will get a high transmission temperature message when the PCM detects the tranny temp reaching 130 degrees.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thank you.
My suggestion, don't be putting any chocolate bars in your arm rest. It's just a tad warm in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread