My new (300km) Stingray has the famouse "warble" noise the other forum calls it. Has anyone else had this issue up here in the great white north?
The infamous "warble" was confined , primarily, to 2015/2016 MY C7's, although it has occurred sporadically in later MY's. It results from the factory's supplier underfilling the differential by approximately 1 litre of gear lube.

If you can hear the warble, best to get it into the dealer and have the fluid level checked and, if necessary, filled to the correct spec.

It's also a good idea to change the gear lube at approximately 3000 to 5000 kl. Although not required as scheduled maintenance, many owners have found lower than normal fluid levels and excessive metallic residue in the gear lube. Usually not something that will cause a problem, unless you can hear the warble, but a good preventative measure. I'll be doing mine within the next month or so.

Best regards
Ross

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
My new (300km) Stingray has the famouse "warble" noise the other forum calls it. Has anyone else had this issue up here in the great white north?
See my post in c7 section from June of 2016. I too had the warble, but had a tough time getting it to do it for the dealer. The service manager did a no charge drain , inspection and refill with fresh oil anyway. Of course I only drive it 6 months a year, so have about 15000 on it now. The noise is all but gone away and only happens when the weather is cold and the diff is cold.. Now It's so minor, only I can here it...not my friends, wife or service techs. Still got lots of warranty left and I think I'll have the lube changed again this year...just to be safe. Check out the USA sites as this problem happened with the C6's as well. Let us know if your dealer does anything more than a lube change....I'd be interested to know if they do.

Rocketrob

Well, life got busy and I'm finally getting back to this thread. I finally got the car in to look at the warble and took the mechanic for the test drive. Initially he had a hard time to hear it but eventually he tuned in and he definitely said it wasn't right.

He drained the differential oil and found it slightly low and replaced it and topped off. He took it for a test drive and didn't hear it. I took it home and it was much better but still a faint warble. The next day and ever since I haven't heard it again. Mystery solved for my car, for now anyways!

Well, life got busy and I'm finally getting back to this thread. I finally got the car in to look at the warble and took the mechanic for the test drive. Initially he had a hard time to hear it but eventually he tuned in and he definitely said it wasn't right.

He drained the differential oil and found it slightly low and replaced it and topped off. He took it for a test drive and didn't hear it. I took it home and it was much better but still a faint warble. The next day and ever since I haven't heard it again. Mystery solved for my car, for now anyways!

Good to hear. I suspected as much with the diff oil. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.