April

I'm New Here
Feb 13, 2014
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
1979 L82
I am happy with my C3 but a good friend wants to buy a new 2015 Corvette. Her local dealer up north didn't have any cars available for a test drive. She would really like to see what the C7 is like before putting an order in.

I am in the Oakville-Hamilton area and was told by a dealer here that they didn't do test drives and was told "she should go drive someone else's car"

Is this really how it works? Seems like a poor way to sell GM's ultimate halo vehicle.

Can anyone recommend a more accommodating dealer?

Thanks,

April

Yup. Pretty much what she needs to do. Not many dealers have C7's in stock let alone allowing them to be test driven. I think if others respond you will get the same answer. I was in the same situation.

As tyho states pretty much no dealer has a C7 in stock on the lot and if there is one on the lot it is already sold so they won't let anyone test drive it.

The only dealer I know with cars in stock is Cullen in St Catherine's, they are bringing up used ones ( under 100 miles on them ) from the US, and then selling them at a premium due to the demand. Give them a call and see if they will allow a test drive.

I know I bought mine without test driving one, and I'm very happy with the car.

If you can't find one I know of one person who booked one as a rental in the US and flew down so that they could drive the car before committing. I think they had to fly to Phoenix and rent from Hertz.

Well, it sounds like no one has a C7 available to test drive and I am happy that the Corvette is selling so well. What I'm not too pleased about hearing is how the dealer treated your friend. They should have used more tact in telling your friend that there weren't any C7's available to test.

When I first started looking at the C7, I thought it was insane to buy a car without ever test driving it. The more I read about the car, the more comfortable I become with the idea. It’s hard to find a negative review anywhere on the planet and at the end of the day, if you don’t like the car (which is a low probability in my experience) you can always easily sell it at or higher than purchase price.

When I bought my C7 last November at City Buick Chev in Toronto they (Hany Mikhail) let me test drive the model on the floor. I thought that was quite good of them it had 8km at the time and they knew I was after a different set of options/colour. ie. would not be buying the floor model.

They did know I was a serious buyer, and of course they had a C7 on the floor...........

I do have access to a 2015 C7 please contact me for deatils

Thank You
George Kistenoglu
Gateway Chevrolet
905-494-5706
905-791-7111
647-885-4742

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.