Daleford

PEI
Dec 18, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Corvette
Province
PEI
No, can't post in Wanted. Almost couldn't find a way back to send a reply to the problem. Confusing place here.
May not be worth it but if you want to post for me, here it is:
Wanted: chrome 5 spoke Corvette wheels for a C7. 18 x 8.5 front and 19 X 10 rear. Good condition used is fine.
Black rims to trade if interested. --- Dale in PEI. e-mail best: [email protected]

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
No, can't post in Wanted. Almost couldn't find a way back to send a reply to the problem. Confusing place here.
Wanted: chrome 5 spoke Corvette wheels for a C7. 18 x 8.5 front and 19 X 10 rear. Good condition used is fine.
Black rims to trade if interested. --- Dale in PEI. e-mail best: [email protected]

Good suggestion, it was a permission gap. I've addressed this now so you should be able to post (as can anyone) with less than 10 posts directly into the Wanted Forum or via the Classifieds->Wanted->Add Listing navigation entry. Note this only applies to wanted ads. Same rules apply to for sale ads.

The original post was locked Dale which is why you couldn't respond. Click on a few posts and say hello or something 7 more times and the classifieds will let you post. Not that confusing here once you roam around a bit. Here are the forum guidelines. New users usually go to the the "New Users" section first where this is posted.... but that being said, few ever read it... lol... Get 10 posts in and it will let you post in the classifieds. Our reasoning came from people joining here just to take advantage of the free classified and never contributing anything else to the forum.

The original post was locked Dale which is why you couldn't respond. Click on a few posts and say hello or something 7 more times and the classifieds will let you post. Not that confusing here once you roam around a bit. Here are the forum guidelines. New users usually go to the the "New Users" section first where this is posted.... but that being said, few ever read it... lol... Get 10 posts in and it will let you post in the classifieds. Our reasoning came from people joining here just to take advantage of the free classified and never contributing anything else to the forum.

This is always the better way as joining and participating in our community will yield more dividends long term than any ad. ;)

I don’t mind Nik’s idea of removing the “wanted” restriction and with focus on the “for sale” guideline. I wouldn’t even mind if the “for sale” restriction also required a nominal/minimal 💰 contribution. Just saying for the people whose ccf-contributing coat-tails are being used for “free” advertising.

Hmmm … I’ve also been thinking of “wanting” a spare set of C7-Z51 19/20 wheels for an AS set of ready-to-install rubber - just for extending my start and end dates each year.

I don’t mind Nik’s idea of removing the “wanted” restriction and with focus on the “for sale” guideline. I wouldn’t even mind if the “for sale” restriction also required a nominal/minimal 💰 contribution. Just saying for the people whose ccf-contributing coat-tails are being used for “free” advertising.

Hmmm … I’ve also been thinking of “wanting” a spare set of C7-Z51 19/20 wheels for an AS set of ready-to-install rubber - just for extending my start and end dates each year.
You will likely get a hit if you post in the "wanted". Seems to be a good number of guys out there going aftermarket wheels... Maybe touch base with FrankMP. He seems to have a handle on lots of take-off items.

Users who are viewing this thread