Sep 6, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2011 GS
Province
ON
Hi Folks. I'm a vetteless new member. Sold my 2011 Grand Sport Coupe with the Z07 package last year.
Was looking at a 2018 or 2019 Convertible Z06 with manual trans. Decided to wait it out for the C8 intro.
Now, I'm really perplexed but leaning towards either....
1. Wait and order a 2021/2 LT3 Z51, or
2. Get a C7 Grand Sport or Z06, convertible and manual.

I still find the C7 very appealing. And if you want the convertible with a manual tranny, its the only game in town, for now.
So, I'll probably keep shopping for the best C7 combo and worry about a C8 down the road. Not ready for an automatic anyway.

Cheers.

Hi Folks. I'm a vetteless new member. Sold my 2011 Grand Sport Coupe with the Z07 package last year.
Was looking at a 2018 or 2019 Convertible Z06 with manual trans. Decided to wait it out for the C8 intro.

I still find the C7 very appealing. And if you want the convertible with a manual tranny, its the only game in town, for now.
So, I'll probably keep shopping for the best C7 combo and worry about a C8 down the road. Not ready for an automatic anyway.

Cheers.
Welcome Demetri. Sounds like you have your mind wrapped around what you want. Congrats on your choices and big kudos on preferring a manual. I have owned very few autos in my life. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Well, I'm in my 18th month of owning a 2019 GS Vert, 7spd, and very very happy.

I'm excited too for the new C8.

I agree with you, I would most likely wait 2-3 years if truly interested in the new design before I would drop $100k or more, let GM get any kinks behind them.

Two things specifically you mention, vert and manual, gets me thinking you may lean towards a C7.

You're winning either way!

Good luck.

Cheers.
Are you asking for advice?

More ‘pondering’ than inquiring.
Been following the threads, magazines, etc, for years.
Feels like too much info.
At this point it starts to feel like one Vette just wont do....not a chance!

More ‘pondering’ than inquiring.
Been following the threads, magazines, etc, for years.
Feels like too much info.
At this point it starts to feel like one Vette just wont do....not a chance!
Good luck..Please post your outcome...Thanks

I share your opinion on the C8 (wait...) and the C7 Z06/Z07-A8. If you really want to use your car and bring it to the track, the A8 is a must... to go fast/safe and to have maximum fun. Having both hands on the steering wheel is a deep experience (nearly all performance cars are now equipped with automatic transmission, for a good reason).
wait till late fall..good prices

I share your opinion on the C8 (wait...) and the C7 Z06/Z07-A8. If you really want to use your car and bring it to the track, the A8 is a must... to go fast/safe and to have maximum fun. Having both hands on the steering wheel is a deep experience (nearly all performance cars are now equipped with automatic transmission, for a good reason).

Your opinion is laughable. We each decide individually what makes the experience driving our cars great for us.
Sorry but your comment reads like another wannabe “track” hero who can’t drive a standard.
Had had a great time on the track with the 17 Z06 with the M7. Some of us just enjoy the manual transmission. There nothing there to be critical about.
Condescending comments are not pleasant to read... unless I read it wrong. But I’m thinking not.

For an introduction or first post.... fail 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 61ratvette
the 2020 is still just a stingray will always be a cheap vette with plenty to go around the 19 z06 is best vette they built according to my gm source
I always try and keep my opinion on a positve vain. Wish you the best of luck and there is nothing like a 'Vette'...love my 06

Reactions: EYZ06
Your opinion is laughable. We each decide individually what makes the experience driving our cars great for us.
Sorry but your comment reads like another wannabe “track” hero who can’t drive a standard.
Had had a great time on the track with the 17 Z06 with the M7. Some of us just enjoy the manual transmission. There nothing there to be critical about.
Condescending comments are not pleasant to read... unless I read it wrong. But I’m thinking not.

Hello Derek, what a nice welcome! Thank you!

Indeed, I think you misread my answer. It was absolutely not my intention to insult anybody or to impose my opinion. On that matter, we seem to differ a lot. Too bad. As for the choice between manual and automatic transmissions, we all have the choice of course. Several of my other cars are manual, but the C7-Z06/Z07 is not, and I like it this way. As for my time on tracks you would be surprise to see my curriculum, but it was not the point of this post (just like this answer, Sir). I respect the opinion of everybody and I love manual cars Derek; the driver engagement is total and delivers a lot of fun and sensations. And finally, I do have to agree, "Condescending comments are not pleasant to read". Thank you for your attention. Have a great day. BTW, do you like the C8?

Reactions: Phil and ddgermann
Folks not sure what is happening with the negative comments towards one another lately. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it remains in a positive spirit. This forum has an incredible history of accepting others opinions and thoughts.

Lets all take a deep breath and carry on. No one wants to lock or shut down a thread, it typically is not the way things are done here but please try to remember that each of us has a line of thought on most subjects. Keep it positive.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: EYZ06 and 12cents
Hello Derek, what a nice welcome! Thank you!

Indeed, I think you misread my answer. It was absolutely not my intention to insult anybody or to impose my opinion. On that matter, we seem to differ a lot. Too bad. As for the choice between manual and automatic transmissions, we all have the choice of course. Several of my other cars are manual, but the C7-Z06/Z07 is not, and I like it this way. As for my time on tracks you would be surprise to see my curriculum, but it was not the point of this post (just like this answer, Sir). I respect the opinion of everybody and I love manual cars Derek; the driver engagement is total and delivers a lot of fun and sensations. And finally, I do have to agree, "Condescending comments are not pleasant to read". Thank you for your attention. Have a great day. BTW, do you like the C8?

Well then the fact you actually drive and enjoy a manual corvette or otherwise was not apparent in your first post.
Thanks for the clarification as now your thoughts carry some weight. Definitely some of us are disappointed with the C8 coming out with no manual available, however the DCT is a serious upgrade to the track capability of the car. No denying that.
My 17 C7 Z is the best Corvette I have had for a number of reasons. No car is perfect but this one checks off more boxes than the C6Z and even the 15 C7Zs I owned. 18 and 19 just saw a bit of polishing of the 17 with a mag ride upgrade and a couple little cosmetic changes. The mag ride upgrade is available for the earlier models as well.
I definitely like the C8 and the more I see it and learn about it the more I recognize the commitment GM instilled into designing a serious modern performance machine with the ability to outperform the C7 Stingray out of the box. The car is going to be epic in the Z06 and ZR1 versions I expect. The performance specific upgrades will be functional practical and look great in and on the car.
I am excited to see some track numbers for the C8 and expect some new records for a few tracks with this car.
Would I buy the C8? Hell ya I would. But not the base model. Once the Z06s are out I’m going to be watching closely as despite the lack of manual this car will be amazing to drive. Frankly the look and design of the car calls for the DCT by default I feel as I look and learn more about the car. So keep the C7 for rowing gears and strap into the C8 for a supercar day? Seems win win to me.

So let me extend a proper welcome to you. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing about your experiences and seeing some photos of your corvettes and other fast or fun toys.

Derek

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread