This is now implemented. Hurray!
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Given the rural areas where the DNA is all the same, this likely won't be a benefit. Much like sandwich meat, in bread is the standard fare.... :Biggrin:
So that explains you Albertans! A gene pool the size of a puddle! ;)

• Spam
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Not saying we don't have family affairs cranking out kids with three arms and 16 toes in some of our backwoods areas but I'm pretty sure that they may not admit it but most of the world likely has their share as well. Just don't slip and introduce your wife as your sister.... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Nik and Murray20c8
The purpose of the verification system is to a) make you all feel special :) b) root out spammers, bots and fake accounts c) build platform trust and support.

This will be implemented in the following manner:

1. Automated: Users can purchase a verification badge for a one time upgrade fee of $10. This will permanently verify you and provide you with a visible badge everywhere your profile is shown i.e. posts, profile banners etc. There will be an account upgrade option for this introduced shortly at launch. Once purchase is made you will be verified. A small charge is probably the second most effective way to combat spam accounts.

Purchase directly from this page:

OR

Hit this link:

2. Automated: Current donors and sponsors. All members who have donated (and/or are currently running an account upgrade) in the last year and are still active on CCF (past 6 months) and have a valid email address recorded will be automatically upgraded without the need to purchase this upgrade.

3. Manual: Claim verification. Users can optionally submit a request for manual verification via a new process in your account page. This will consist of an email check (q&a) to your registered email address and will be queued up and processed in due course. This will be rolled out last as I figure out the logistics.

No personal information will be collected or 3rd party verification service is planned at this point.

Though this won't guarantee you're a lady or gentleman of good character it will hopefully go some way to build trust in our userbase as our classifieds, showcase and various other tools grow in popularity.

Last edited:
I've pushed out this change and it should start reflecting on qualifying usernames as people login.

To purchase the verification, hit get verified on this page (or via your account upgrade pages):

Manual claim verification is in the works and will be available shortly.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
The purpose of the verification system is to a) make you all feel special :) b) root out spammers, bots and fake accounts c) build platform trust and support.

This will be implemented in the following manner:

1. Automated: Users can purchase a verification badge for a one time upgrade fee of $10. This will permanently verify you and provide you with a visible badge everywhere your profile is shown i.e. posts, profile banners etc. There will be an account upgrade option for this introduced shortly at launch. Once purchase is made you will be verified. A small charge is probably the second most effective way to combat spam accounts.

Purchase directly from this page:

OR

Hit this link:

2. Automated: Current donors and sponsors. All members who have donated (and/or are currently running an account upgrade) in the last year and are still active on CCF (past 6 months) and have a valid email address recorded will be automatically upgraded without the need to purchase this upgrade.

3. Manual: Claim verification. Users can optionally submit a request for manual verification via a new process in your account page. This will consist of an email check (q&a) to your registered email address and will be queued up and processed in due course. This will be rolled out last as I figure out the logistics.

No personal information will be collected or 3rd party verification service is planned at this point.

Though this won't guarantee you're a lady or gentleman of good character it will hopefully go some way to build trust in our userbase as our classifieds, showcase and various other tools grow in popularity.
I have felt special all my life....every time I see a short bus the nostalgia sets in... :Biggrin:

Reactions: 61ratvette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread