I check Autotrader regularly for C8's as well. Just as an FYI it really is not 54, a bunch of them on there are dealers 'sold' allocations, but their systems automatically post them to AT. The remainder are almost all used by dealers. Some who played allocation games and kept the allocations for themselves and are trying to unload them at a significant markup. If you actually look for private sale C8's there are 4 in Alberta.
I also check Autotrader regular and have seen many price drops by as much as $10,000 starting in the last month. In the previous three years there were rarely any price drops. The C8 is now in it's 4th year of production so there are about 70,000 of them out there. What I can't figure out is who is still paying these crazy prices when you had three years to put your name on a wait list and get one at MSRP? When I search AutoTrader I click on the "Used" option in the search to avoid the automatic posts of new C8's from the dealers. I come up with 41 used C8's for sale in Alberta, most at dealers. In Canada I come up with 234 C8's for sale. A good number of these C8's are under $120,000 for the first time but still way over MSRP, however, these are the older, lower trim models and some have a good number of kms on them. You might be able to snag a "good deal" this winter depending on interest rates, inflation and the psychology of what people are thinking regarding their future finances. My budget will only allow me to purchase a used C8 at under MSRP so I will keep watching and waiting for who knows how long. In the mean time I am enjoying my 2013 Grand Sport so I am not suffering. I'm hoping GM can solve their supply chain problems and can start producing 30,000+ C8's per year. Once new C8's are sitting at dealerships at MSRP the used ones will have to sell for less.

Reactions: scraze66
I also check Autotrader regular and have seen many price drops by as much as $10,000 starting in the last month. In the previous three years there were rarely any price drops. The C8 is now in it's 4th year of production so there are about 70,000 of them out there. What I can't figure out is who is still paying these crazy prices when you had three years to put your name on a wait list and get one at MSRP? When I search AutoTrader I click on the "Used" option in the search to avoid the automatic posts of new C8's from the dealers. I come up with 41 used C8's for sale in Alberta, most at dealers. In Canada I come up with 234 C8's for sale. A good number of these C8's are under $120,000 for the first time but still way over MSRP, however, these are the older, lower trim models and some have a good number of kms on them. You might be able to snag a "good deal" this winter depending on interest rates, inflation and the psychology of what people are thinking regarding their future finances. My budget will only allow me to purchase a used C8 at under MSRP so I will keep watching and waiting for who knows how long. In the mean time I am enjoying my 2013 Grand Sport so I am not suffering. I'm hoping GM can solve their supply chain problems and can start producing 30,000+ C8's per year. Once new C8's are sitting at dealerships at MSRP the used ones will have to sell for less.
2020 production 20,368 cars, Canada 1490 = 7.3%
2021 production 26,216 cars, Canada 1889 = 7.2%
2022 production 25,831 cars, Canada 1014 = 3.9%

So Canada only got 4,393 C8 corvettes, hypothetically lets say 93 were totaled, and 300 were exported, that leaves 4,000 C8s for the entire Canada, I would guess that out of those 4000 C8s, 2500 are in Ontario.

I am pretty sure that in Ontario there is a law requiring new vehicles to be sold at msrp or lower. Some dealers try to get around this by requiring purchasers to buy an extended warranty and/or other protections/warranties to pad their income. My local Toyota dealer tried this tactic with the Supra- inflated the price by $10,000 with mandatory crap. None sold.
Times have changed. As they say laws are made to be broken. It's not hard to look in the auto trader and find just about every C8 asking way more for used ones that are more than when they were new.

Times have changed. As they say laws are made to be broken. It's not hard to look in the auto trader and find just about every C8 asking way more for used ones that are more than when they were new.
Yup- the law only applies to new cars not used. Also highly unlikely that dealerships will break laws.

Yup- the law only applies to new cars not used. Also highly unlikely that dealerships will break laws.
I've had a couple of bad experiences from big dealerships that you thought you could trust. One was Barrie Autohause. The other was Sherway Acura in Toronto. Got screwed by both of them.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I expect the prices to slowly start coming down especially with the insane interest rates and with summer almost over. Dealer auctions are getting hammered and nobody is bidding. I hope the Bank of Canada increases the rates even more than the standard 6-7% right now and maybe I can find one after waiting for close to 3 years now.

Reactions: kerry4

So Canada only got 4,393 C8 corvettes, hypothetically lets say 93 were totaled, and 300 were exported, that leaves 4,000 C8s for the entire Canada, I would guess that out of those 4000 C8s, 2500 are in Ontario.

You really think only 300 were exported? I've seen 30 or so alone being shipped to the USA by small time brokers in BC. It has to be much more than 300.

You really think only 300 were exported? I've seen 30 or so alone being shipped to the USA by small time brokers in BC. It has to be much more than 300.

I think Denis was just trying to get to 4000, of course 93 haven’t been totalled way way less but yes I agree probably over 500 exported I know mine was

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.