Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2018 Subaru BRZ
Province
AB
Kinda frustrating seeing 54 C8's listed for sale in Alberta on Autotrader (all way over MSRP - $127,800 for a 1LT? f*** off) while folks who have been on the wait list and who actually want to BUY and KEEP the car can't get one yet.

I'm sure this isn't new - just really ridiculous to see this.

Reactions: Rkurtz
The good news is that used C8 prices are slowly dropping. Fourwheel Trader has explained this on his Youtube channel and this is backed up here in Canada through anecdotal evidence of dealers dropping prices. I watch C8 ads closely and prices are about 10k lower in some cases. So the peak is over but will they drop significantly from here? I doubt they will drop too much more but that will depend on buyers who step up in this economy. If demand falls so will prices...to state the obvious.
Today there are 239 listed for sale on AT alone with many showing recent price drops. You may find a deal this winter. Good luck with your search.

The good news is that used C8 prices are slowly dropping. Fourwheel Trader has explained this on his Youtube channel and this is backed up here in Canada through anecdotal evidence of dealers dropping prices. I watch C8 ads closely and prices are about 10k lower in some cases. So the peak is over but will they drop significantly from here? I doubt they will drop too much more but that will depend on buyers who step up in this economy. If demand falls so will prices...to state the obvious.
Today there are 239 listed for sale on AT alone with many showing recent price drops. You may find a deal this winter. Good luck with your search.
I also check out autotrader weekly, but I only look at HTC of 2lt or 3lt spec on Ontario, and the prices are only getting higher.

• Wow
Reactions: DougHGMC8
I was at a car show yesterday and a Kia dealership entered a used C8 to see if they could sucker someone into buying it. They were asking $40,000 over list when it was new. With half the warranty already gone. And it was a coupe!

I am sure there are still lots of crazy prices out there but the used sellers that maintain a good volume of sales have dropped their prices so I still think that the selling prices are moving. Of course, interest rates and season have a big effect. Nobody is forecasting a major price drop of the C8 market for sure.

Reactions: Rkurtz and kerry4
Subtext for the post - It's not even the prices that bother me (it's criminal, yes), it's just the fact that these aren't easy to get allocation on, and it feels like there can't be all that many in Alberta... how many people have their freakin' cars listed is what I'm curious about.

And for those of us patiently waiting it's just disappointing to see how many are 'available' but not tangible for those who actually WANT to keep the car, regardless of market prices.

Reactions: Cruzin and Dik
Subtext for the post - It's not even the prices that bother me (it's criminal, yes), it's just the fact that these aren't easy to get allocation on, and it feels like there can't be all that many in Alberta... how many people have their freakin' cars listed is what I'm curious about.

And for those of us patiently waiting it's just disappointing to see how many are 'available' but not tangible for those who actually WANT to keep the car, regardless of market prices.
I hear your frustration, I hate waiting, I think it sours the experience of buying your dream car but there is nothing you can do but wait for your new car or buy a used one.

Also what we are seeing on autotrader are C8’s with less desirable specs such as black grey white and silver colors, coupes or 1LT trims. The desirable cars sell for higher prices and much quicker.
Don't know where you got that info from. White is the 2nd most popular colour, gray the 4th most popular and black the 5th most popular.
ScreenCap 2022-08-15 at 5.35.08 PM.jpg

Don't know where you got that info from. White is the 2nd most popular colour, gray the 4th most popular and black the 5th most popular.View attachment 99607
by that theory, there should be more torch red C8s on Autotrader than other colours but there are much less of them. there is a reason why touch red is referred to as "resale red"

I drove by AB Ford in Perth on the weekend, two TR Corvettes sitting up front for sale, I don’t think colour or spec makes much difference in sold prices, lots of sellers out there just fishing, Cam and I both wholesaled our 20 000 km tracked 1LT’s to dealers for 25k over list plus got our tax credits

Reactions: CTRL_CV

I check Autotrader regularly for C8's as well. Just as an FYI it really is not 54, a bunch of them on there are dealers 'sold' allocations, but their systems automatically post them to AT. The remainder are almost all used by dealers. Some who played allocation games and kept the allocations for themselves and are trying to unload them at a significant markup. If you actually look for private sale C8's there are 4 in Alberta.

Reactions: Rkurtz
Talked to a Vette owner a couple of days ago. He said he has his name on the list for a Z06. At ten dealerships. Don't think he cares what it costs. LOL.

I think he wants it at MSRP or he would not be on 10 lists
I got my 2020 HTC at MRSP. Not a dime more. But I have a honest dealership that I have been with for a long time. If sale people want to keep a customer you don't screw them over. Getting greedy often leads to no future sales and a bad reputation. Just sayin. This guy wanted a Z06 with the HTC. He's prepared to wait.

I am pretty sure that in Ontario there is a law requiring new vehicles to be sold at msrp or lower. Some dealers try to get around this by requiring purchasers to buy an extended warranty and/or other protections/warranties to pad their income. My local Toyota dealer tried this tactic with the Supra- inflated the price by $10,000 with mandatory crap. None sold.

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.