Yes . Hard to beat. I usually rip everything using FLAC and Exact Audio Copy. And for sure 16 gb is plenty. By the time you hear track 1,100 you’re ready to hear track 1 again, lol. There is a way to “ capture “ music streaming from Amazon Music as well which means access to millions of tracks. Lots of them are now remastered in HD audio as well as quite a few even in Dolby Atmos. Not sure if I should say how to do this on the forum as it is a bit dicey from a legal standpoint.
My ears aren't nearly that anal. ;) I got rid of all my cd's and burned them at 320 mbs. Good enough for my old ears. I have around 500 songs that I care to listen to at any one time. If I hear a song on the radio that I like I find it on Youtube and burn it one computer to another. It's likely not great quality but good enough for me.
However I do like whole albums at times. Like Chicago's "Chicago" album or the Beatles albums. In the car I like to listen by favourite artists hence my desire to post this thread. I find it much easier to keep the music stored on my computer the way it is on my devices. I have an older Sony MP3 player with buttons I can use with my eyes closed for the Dentist chair so I have a directory in that format for it. Phones are too awkward for there. Plus it has the playlist for my drums and my expensive Shure earbuds. Phones don't have min jacks any more.
I have another for my phone. It worked well with Android's google play music, but now they've abandoned it for an online version so I have a freeware player that works a little differently. Ya, first world issues, but issues nonetheless.

Reactions: 1st Vette
There is a way to “ capture “ music streaming from Amazon Music as well which means access to millions of tracks. Lots of them are now remastered in HD audio as well as quite a few even in Dolby Atmos. Not sure if I should say how to do this on the forum as it is a bit dicey from a legal standpoint.
You can DM me the way. Things may have changed. There was talk to do it a couple of years ago, but when I was working it was legal for personal use. I know they don't like it because they can't trust us, but it is (was) legal. If you can get it (hear it) and pay for it legally then you can save it legally for your own use.

You can DM me the way. Things may have changed. There was talk to do it a couple of years ago, but when I was working it was legal for personal use. I know they don't like it because they can't trust us, but it is (was) legal. If you can get it (hear it) and pay for it legally then you can save it legally for your own use.
I found a link to the copyright act that says copying music for personal use is legal.

Part VIII of the Copyright Act allows consumers to copy recorded music for their own personal use. In exchange, the private copying levy was created to compensate music rights holders for private copies made of their music.

• Informative
My ears aren't nearly that anal. ;) I got rid of all my cd's and burned them at 320 mbs. Good enough for my old ears. I have around 500 songs that I care to listen to at any one time. If I hear a song on the radio that I like I find it on Youtube and burn it one computer to another. It's likely not great quality but good enough for me.
However I do like whole albums at times. Like Chicago's "Chicago" album or the Beatles albums. In the car I like to listen by favourite artists hence my desire to post this thread. I find it much easier to keep the music stored on my computer the way it is on my devices. I have an older Sony MP3 player with buttons I can use with my eyes closed for the Dentist chair so I have a directory in that format for it. Phones are too awkward for there. Plus it has the playlist for my drums and my expensive Shure earbuds. Phones don't have min jacks any more.
I have another for my phone. It worked well with Android's google play music, but now they've abandoned it for an online version so I have a freeware player that works a little differently. Ya, first world issues, but issues nonetheless.
I doubt that any deficiencies in the sound quality will be noticed while you are driving. Between engine/transmission hum, tire hum and air, especially in a vert, sound quality will not come in to play. Now if you ripped the songs off an older vinyl record you might get some of the crackle and pops.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I found a link to the copyright act that says copying music for personal use is legal.

Part VIII of the Copyright Act allows consumers to copy recorded music for their own personal use. In exchange, the private copying levy was created to compensate music rights holders for private copies made of their music.

My understanding is that you can make copies of music/songs of anything you have paid for i.e. you buy an album/cd or pay to down load.
What is not legal is allowing others to copy those files - allowing people to download from your files.
Not sure but, again my understanding, is that it is not illegal to download files or rip them from any source. What is illegal is allowing people to download from your personal files. It is the person allowing their files or making them accessible for download who is at fault. Mind you, I believe the record companies have gone after people who rip music from various sites (anyone remember NAPSTER?)
So your own paid for property is yours to do with what you want. Just don't get caught letting others download from your files. I'm no lawyer!

• Agree
My $250 Samsung phone has an 1/8 inch jack and an SD slot but you’re right it’s strange that the $1,500 ones don’t . You can get a lightning cable to 1/8 inch adapter for Crapple phones but a pain and easy to lose.

I doubt that any deficiencies in the sound quality will be noticed while you are driving. Between engine/transmission hum, tire hum and air, especially in a vert, sound quality will not come in to play. Now if you ripped the songs off an older vinyl record you might get some of the crackle and pops.
I don’t know- I have the stock exhaust and according to some on this forum it’s far too quiet- I think I can tell when the singer misses the C and hits C# instead

I don’t know- I have the stock exhaust and according to some on this forum it’s far too quiet- I think I can tell when the singer misses the C and hits C# instead
I think it's because you have the volume too high! ;)

I plug in the USB and push random. A song I do not enjoy anymore I skip. I have music from the 50s to today. Bands like Alter bridge , Black Stone Cherry , Rival Sons , New, Ozzy, Dirty Honey , Godsmack , Puddle of Mud, etc. I like hard rock . I still like the old 70s music.

I plug in the USB and push random. A song I do not enjoy anymore I skip. I have music from the 50s to today. Bands like Alter bridge , Black Stone Cherry , Rival Sons , New, Ozzy, Dirty Honey , Godsmack , Puddle of Mud, etc. I like hard rock . I still like the old 70s music.
Ozzy is 76 now , makes me feel old, lol .

Reactions: Bunny hop
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.