Hi Mike.
The USB port was added to the C6 cars with Nav in 2011 I believe. My 13 had one in the center cubby but it was flush mounted. No cord.
I think you have discovered the remnants of a previous owner mod in which they re-installed the factory unit before selling the car. Perhaps it could have been connected to your Sony? Don’t know if you did the install but it’s a nice place for this connection as it cleans up the dash from wires hanging around when you use it for just what you mentioned.
Hope that helps a bit and maybe you can actually get it connected and use it? If you haven’t already. 👍

My car came with the Sony deck already installed Derek. The OEM unit was in a box in the passenger seat footwell and I asked the previous owner about it but he had no idea what it was for. The car was his son’s

I’m not sure if it’s aftermarket or not. Doesn’t look like it to me. It’s too dark in the vid to see where it goes but it’s not a hack job installation if it is something added. I’m going to ask the service guy at Shag if he has any idea what it could be for.

It has me puzzled.

Hi Mike, I have a Kenwood deck installed in my C6. There is a USB cord wired to the Deck that was routed to the glove box to connect to a phone. I have mine plugged into it all the time. Works with Android or Apple phones.
Hope this helps.

Hi Mike, I have a Kenwood deck installed in my C6. There is a USB cord wired to the Deck that was routed to the glove box to connect to a phone. I have mine plugged into it all the time. Works with Android or Apple phones.
Hope this helps.
I’ve tried my phone,an Iphone 6s. Nothing. Tried USB sticks. Nothing. Different modes on the Sony menu.Nothing. Plugged a laptop into it,nothing so I’m guessing there’s no power to it. To me,this looks like a factory cord. Probably wrong though. Never seen one like it before.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
There is actually 3 cords from my Deck. After checking the manual... one usb is for Apple, one usb is for Android, and the other audio jack is for input from any device with audio out. I had to go into settings to set-up the Deck to recognize my Android phone.
If you can find a manual for your Deck online it may have info on that. Or the USB cord is for or from something else. Good luck figuring out what your Mystery Cord is for or from.

Attachments

• 12_colores.jpg
    12_colores.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 34
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.