In Canada, a base 911 up against a well equipped C8, and the C8 takes it hands down. Aside from the value proposition, the C8 has so much more soul and character, and it will be quicker in every aspect around a track or in a straight line.

As soon as put the C8 up against an S or GTS, the game changes...but so does the price. A average spec'd GTS is about $180K, and while you really do get what you pay for, it's a ton of money. But they are extremely quick cars, build quality is amazing, and that PDK; yes, it is better than the C8.

While I do have a soft spot for Corvettes, I am not tied to one brand and one brand alone. Coming from Porsche ownership over several different models, I can say there are things that Porsche does extremely well. I might even go as far as to say that GTS is a better car than the C8 if all you do it compare lap times and panel gap. But there's a reason why I am in the C8 now...the car looks amazing, it's a quantum leap forward as far as overall refinement goes, and it's a pleasure to drive.

Will I keep it forever, no, this I already know. I see a Z06 in my future, and one day a McLaren 675. But are those cars I will keep forever? Probably not! Cars changes, people change, things change. The great thing is that there will never be a shortage of cars to choose from in my lifetime.

In Canada, a base 911 up against a well equipped C8, and the C8 takes it hands down. Aside from the value proposition, the C8 has so much more soul and character, and it will be quicker in every aspect around a track or in a straight line.

As soon as put the C8 up against an S or GTS, the game changes...but so does the price. A average spec'd GTS is about $180K, and while you really do get what you pay for, it's a ton of money. But they are extremely quick cars, build quality is amazing, and that PDK; yes, it is better than the C8.

While I do have a soft spot for Corvettes, I am not tied to one brand and one brand alone. Coming from Porsche ownership over several different models, I can say there are things that Porsche does extremely well. I might even go as far as to say that GTS is a better car than the C8 if all you do it compare lap times and panel gap. But there's a reason why I am in the C8 now...the car looks amazing, it's a quantum leap forward as far as overall refinement goes, and it's a pleasure to drive.

Will I keep it forever, no, this I already know. I see a Z06 in my future, and one day a McLaren 675. But are those cars I will keep forever? Probably not! Cars changes, people change, things change. The great thing is that there will never be a shortage of cars to choose from in my lifetime.
There will be a 911 in my future, may replace the C8 or in addition to C8.

Reactions: JR410

The 992 8th generation 911 is tough to beat, at another level in so many ways. I will leave if at that. Its always a personal decision, we are lucky to have so many choices. Remember you can still order a 911 with a 7SP manual!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread