For those of you who might be interested in learning about my '67 Coupe, I have it listed on Corvette Trader Canada.

Navion,

Are you familiar with the unusual Midland, Ontario '67 convertible (with hardtop) that was black and then restored to red?
crazy thing is I know that car also, my friend sold it to her, it was red when he bought it and he painted it black a year before she bought it and the black paint job was beautiful...

Just joined today and am planning a trip to the U.S. to purchase 2010-2012 ZR1. Wondered if warranty is good here in Canada if it is purchased in U.S.? I cannot seem to find what I want here in Canada so this may be my only option.
no problem getting the balance of the warranty on a used Corvette purchased in the USA, the only time warranty is affected is if a new Vet is purchased in the US and licensed in Canada, then you have to wait 12 months or 12,000 miles which ever comes last. You can however return to a US dealership for warranty. This rule is to protect the Canadian Dealerships from us going south of the border for our purchases. You also need a valid US address to purchase a new vehicle in the states or a trusted friend or relative can purchase it for you. Again this only applies to new GM cars. Once a car has been licensed in the states it is no longer a new car and can be repurchased and brought here without penalty. At least that is how I understand it but as always it is buyer beware!

Last edited:
ZR1 search

Well my search so far has netted nothing of any consequence to date. I have spoken with at least 20 different vendors/private sellers who have a ZR1for sale. It is absolutely amazing some of the stories they tell. I am going to fly down to Pennsylvania and then over to Iowa in my plane hopefully either Wed. or Thurs. next week to look at 2 I have found that "appear" at least on the surface to meet the criteria I want/need. Both are 2010's. I also have noticed in my search that there appears to be a great deal more 2011's on the market than 2010's. Does anybody else sense this or is it just my imagination? Prices on many 2011's seem to be in the same range in the U.S. as 2010's for some reason. Does anyone happen to know if there were some problems with 2011 models that I have not heard about? Any of our members with either year ZR1 care to comment? Sorry for rambling but thought there might be some members who can assist me or chime in with their thoughts.

Thx. Steamer, had not seen that one yet. Will try and contact to get more detail. Right colour too.

Well, contacted the seller on the 2010 ZR1 today. Turns out the "mileage" was reported incorrectly and should have been 21,302 not 11,302 as shown in the ad. The person I spoke with was either not very knowledgeable about the car or did not want to answer some of my questions. So I think I will take a pass on this one and keep looking. The "mileage" was too high for me anyway.

That one is a little out of my price range. Momma would be a little pi$$ed I think! 2010-2011 is preferable. Thx. for looking on my behalf.

No warranty issues with US cars. Sometimes we've had GM dealers say the car has to be in the country for 6 months and have at least 5,000kms but thats bs. Call GM customer service and they will gladly help out.

We've imported over 100 corvettes over the years and have never had a problem that wasn't easily resolved. GM dealers hate us but like the saying goes, "dont hate the player, hate the game!" LOL.

Good luck on your search. If you are looking for a specific car, feel free to pm me.

We have this 2012 Centennial right now
DSC06270_zps895dad4e.jpg

I have been to the local GM dealer here and he said they cannot give warranty until there is 12,000 km on the car. I then spoke with GM Canada who confirms this also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.