Dec 26, 2009
Ponoka, AB.
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 3LT Z51
Province
AB
A buddy (Bearly Flying) and I just installed the LG 3/8 tunnel plates on our C5's. Whow what a sweet difference I've found. I've only been out for a couple of short burns but I notice way less squeaks ect. The car seems overall just more rigid with way less twisting when pouring on the coals. Once again thanks Manny for recommending a quality product.

Hey thanks Bruce . You guys out West sure a great bunch :D .
It is also important to note that the LG tunnel plate they have also have been prepped here at E.C.P with our own tunnel shielding that comes with with pre-cut sides for the tunnel walls and high tempo tape for the edges.
So you end up with a product that not only strenghtens the thats car but helps to control heat .

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

Thx
[email protected]

Mine was a great deal..........a couple months of taking care of buddy's cat while he was at work!! Think they were 300.00 (each) which included the heat shielding and shipping. I was very impressed with the kit as the heat shielding is all pre cut and the plate already has the shielding nicely attached. The pre cut holes were perfectly aligned making the install a straight forward job. It took us about 3 hrs per install. Had the cars up on jack stands which gave us just enough room to do the work. The stock plate is just a very lightweight piece of aluminum which can easily be flexed by hand. The sticky backing on the heat shielding is EXTREMELY sticky so it works well especially if you clean the entire area. We used rubbing alcohol. Yes the stock bolts are long enough even with such a "beefy" new plate.

Nice, it more than likey helps noise as well? I know on the C6's it's the heat more than anything but can see the other aspects of having that plate. Will be a nice addition
Manny I noticed that the cats are after the headers on these pics, on the C6's are the HighFlow cats part of the headers? and is it better to have ceramic coated headers for the heat.

Nice, it more than likey helps noise as well? I know on the C6's it's the heat more than anything but can see the other aspects of having that plate. Will be a nice addition
Manny I noticed that the cats are after the headers on these pics, on the C6's are the HighFlow cats part of the headers? and is it better to have ceramic coated headers for the heat.

All LT systems use the cats after the headers but are not weled to the header, and yes I would opt for the ceramic coating . My personal exhaust system is all ceramic coated front to back minus the cats .

Thx
[email protected]

After the tunnel plate install, I noticed a reduction in Road noise in the car, and it feels a lot more solid in the corners.
The precut insulation package of Manny's fit very nicely. We used a spray on cleaner and then wiped the entire tunnel area with alcohol prior to installing the adhesive backed insulation.
The tunnel Plate was a very nice fit and all holes lined up perfectly.

My headers and exhaust system is in for ceramic coating, I will be getting the entire system internally coated and the headers, cats and X pipe externally coated, the mufflers and tail pipes came with a nice chrome finish and should run cool enough to survive.

I do use the tunnel plate on my vette , and have used it from day one on the track

I can list all the items that can se used on your vette to improve it the handling and braking . I will try and put together a complete package for you on Monday and post ip here . The package will include:

1. Suspension from Pfadt Race Engineering
2. Motor and Transmission mounts from Pfadt Race Engineering
3. Brake
3. Wheels & tires

With this set-up , the only limitation will be your driving skills

Thx
[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.