Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
Looking to upgrade from a canned diablo tune to a dyno tune to optimize all my bolt ons. Not a lot of options locally, Walls has never responded to email or messages, which if for the best I suppose I know a couple guys with V8's they have really let down. Speed Factor sounded like I was gonna write a blank check if I go there for remote tuning and id like to know what I am in store for before I drop the car off. Motion is another option, I wouldn't rule out something out of province or the North Dakota as ive found some down there with good reviews.

Looking to upgrade from a canned diablo tune to a dyno tune to optimize all my bolt ons. Not a lot of options locally, Walls has never responded to email or messages, which if for the best I suppose I know a couple guys with V8's they have really let down. Speed Factor sounded like I was gonna write a blank check if I go there for remote tuning and id like to know what I am in store for before I drop the car off. Motion is another option, I wouldn't rule out something out of province or the North Dakota as ive found some down there with good reviews.
Sorry for the late reply hopefully it's not too late. Speedfactor in Winnipeg has Hp Tuners software and has a relationship with Davenport in Calgary so they can perform remote tuning. I've done several tuning sessions and it's been great. Call 204-261-3003 and ask for Matt and he could for sure help you out.

Sorry for the late reply hopefully it's not too late. Speedfactor in Winnipeg has Hp Tuners software and has a relationship with Davenport in Calgary so they can perform remote tuning. I've done several tuning sessions and it's been great. Call 204-261-3003 and ask for Matt and he could for sure help you out.

What kind of price were you into it for?

I rea
What kind of price were you into it for?
It really depends how good of a job you did on the mods install. The charge to have the remote tune and using Danny at speedfactor is $300 per hour. If everything is perfect 2 or hours is all you need probably. Ryan from Davenport works with so many vettes he's pretty efficient. However if your mods aren't working then time goes up from there. I added a magnuson supercharger, Lt4 fuel pump, snow performance meth kit, Lt4 plugs and wires, kooks 2 inch long tube headers and the green catted x pipe. Things unfortunately went sideways a bit due to some electrical issues which ended up being bad coils and fused cats so that cost me a bunch before we found the problems. However I just did a tune in April as I added the Lt5 ported throttle body and changed the pulley on the supercharger and the tune was only 1.5 hours. Car is running 615 to the wheels from the base of 400 so pretty happy with the result.

Reactions: 61ratvette
I rea

It really depends how good of a job you did on the mods install. The charge to have the remote tune and using Danny at speedfactor is $300 per hour. If everything is perfect 2 or hours is all you need probably. Ryan from Davenport works with so many vettes he's pretty efficient. However if your mods aren't working then time goes up from there. I added a magnuson supercharger, Lt4 fuel pump, snow performance meth kit, Lt4 plugs and wires, kooks 2 inch long tube headers and the green catted x pipe. Things unfortunately went sideways a bit due to some electrical issues which ended up being bad coils and fused cats so that cost me a bunch before we found the problems. However I just did a tune in April as I added the Lt5 ported throttle body and changed the pulley on the supercharger and the tune was only 1.5 hours. Car is running 615 to the wheels from the base of 400 so pretty happy with the result.

First off, I want your car lol. That sounds like my dream build. I'll keep speed factor in mind, still hesitant on putting more money into the car as I may upgrade to a Z06 or Grandsport this year if the right one comes along. That tuning money went to front and rear spacers with longer studs, only problem is I can barley tell a difference over stock lol. Oh well.

Reactions: pumpkinodin8844
First off, I want your car lol. That sounds like my dream build. I'll keep speed factor in mind, still hesitant on putting more money into the car as I may upgrade to a Z06 or Grandsport this year if the right one comes along. That tuning money went to front and rear spacers with longer studs, only problem is I can barley tell a difference over stock lol. Oh well.

I thought about doing the same thing and moving to a Z06 but there just seems to be a decent issue regarding the heat soak. Guys here on the speedfactor dyno are barely cracking 500rwhp and a lot has to do with the heat issue and as I mention I'm at 615 with a z51. It's part of the reason why you see a bunch of Lt4 blowers for sale in the USA due to many owners moving to aftermarket. Biggest advantage is that wide body and big tires. I managed to get 305's on the back and 265's on the front which has made a difference but would prefer 335's lol. Something to think about. I attached a photo of my car, it kind of stands out so if you see me around Winnipeg stop me.

Attachments

• IMG_20170408_152038_118.jpg
    IMG_20170408_152038_118.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Canuck204
I thought about doing the same thing and moving to a Z06 but there just seems to be a decent issue regarding the heat soak. Guys here on the speedfactor dyno are barely cracking 500rwhp and a lot has to do with the heat issue and as I mention I'm at 615 with a z51. It's part of the reason why you see a bunch of Lt4 blowers for sale in the USA due to many owners moving to aftermarket. Biggest advantage is that wide body and big tires. I managed to get 305's on the back and 265's on the front which has made a difference but would prefer 335's lol. Something to think about. I attached a photo of my car, it kind of stands out so if you see me around Winnipeg stop me.

Sounds good, if you see a red C6 struggling to keep up behind you that will be me
👍

Reactions: pumpkinodin8844
I know this thread is a year old, but TJ Auto in Morden recently got a dyno and I'm pretty sure they do tuning. They're close to me, so I'm going to be inquiring there shortly.

Just make sure there using HP tuner and trust me the C7 is not an easy car to tune. If there not experienced in tuning the C7 ask them if their open to a remote tune. This way you can call up Davenport motorsports and book an appointment with a group of tuners who have all the necessary experience plus you can do this at a local shop. As I mentioned cost you a more cash but in the long run it will save you. I tried using a local tuner and it cost me time, spark plug wires and catalytics due to the guy really was not familiar with the C7. FYI Davenport also tunes older vette generations, Cadillacs and Camaros

Just make sure there using HP tuner and trust me the C7 is not an easy car to tune. If there not experienced in tuning the C7 ask them if their open to a remote tune. This way you can call up Davenport motorsports and book an appointment with a group of tuners who have all the necessary experience plus you can do this at a local shop. As I mentioned cost you a more cash but in the long run it will save you. I tried using a local tuner and it cost me time, spark plug wires and catalytics due to the guy really was not familiar with the C7. FYI Davenport also tunes older vette generations, Cadillacs and Camaros
I'm in a C5, I'm sure it's easier to tune. If I ever get into something newer, I'll be sure to heed your warning!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread