HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
I am considering going with a FAST 102 on my car. I know that it's little overkill on a stock bottom end 346 but they don't make the FAST 90s anymore from what I can tell so :eek:

My question is this... should I just go with the 90mm TB on it though? I have heard of some issues tuning the 102mm TB mainly due to the fact that so much more air enters the intake even under small throttle movement over the 90mm...

I don't THINK that there will be a noticealbe performance difference... will there? :confused:

Thanks in advance !!! :canada:

I am considering going with a FAST 102 on my car. I know that it's little overkill on a stock bottom end 346 but they don't make the FAST 90s anymore from what I can tell so :eek:

My question is this... should I just go with the 90mm TB on it though? I have heard of some issues tuning the 102mm TB mainly due to the fact that so much more air enters the intake even under small throttle movement over the 90mm...

I don't THINK that there will be a noticealbe performance difference... will there? :confused:

I would stay away from the 102 TB as they are apain in the behind to tune . I am using a FAST 102 with a 90mm GM, ported TB on my engine .This is a set up that you could use as well. You have a set of reworked 243 heads right ?

You can still find 90 & 92mm FAST's at decent prices . I can find you one if you are really interested .

Yes, I'm running reworked 243s :)

If I run the 90 or 92, I also don't need the FAST fuel rails is that correct? I would be interested for sure if the price difference was enough that it was worth my while... absolutely! Are the intake and TB ported also? is it an option?

As always... thanks :D

Yes, I'm running reworked 243s :)

If I run the 90 or 92, I also don't need the FAST fuel rails is that correct? I would be interested for sure if the price difference was enough that it was worth my while... absolutely! Are the intake and TB ported also? is it an option?

As always... thanks :D

Yes that is correct , you can run your factory fuel rails .I have a connection with Tony Mamo at Faster Proms , so If you like I can call him and see what he has . The last few that I purchased from him were for a ported 92mm and tb and was in the $1000-$1200 range .

If you can see what he has, that would be great :) I'm expecting the ported 90/92 and the non-ported 102 to bring similar numbers from the research I was doing so a ported 90/92 would be ideal if possible.

If you can let me know, that would be great!!

If you can see what he has, that would be great :) I'm expecting the ported 90/92 and the non-ported 102 to bring similar numbers from the research I was doing so a ported 90/92 would be ideal if possible.

If you can let me know, that would be great!!

Give me a couple of days :D

Hln A55 how you doing Bro!

I have it on my car with the Fast intake, as well. When I dyno'd it, I lost some of my top end, but gain 18hp all the way up the power curve, until just before the top; at that point it dropped. However, when I was driving with it, I notice that the car needed less pressure to accelerate. My low and mid range picked up really nicely. However, if I weren't putting a blower to it, I'd probably go back to the stock ported TB. As for my tune; it tuned absolutely fine.

Did you dyno your ride recently; if so, you should do it with the 102 and see if there is a significant difference. Because you're bottom end is a 346, the 102 might not respond too well to it.

Keep us posted.

Cheers, :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread