CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Some attention for the C4 is in order for the spring.
Apart from the usual plugs, wires, and coils, I'm thinking of urethane bushings for the suspension.

Engine, trans and rear oil changes along with coolant change.

Considering a tune of some sort to boost power a little. Will have to talk to Manny about that.

Should be a fun spring and summer this coming year and it can't come soon enough for me.

Will also have the manual fan control installed this spring for better engine cooling.

C.

Cool.
You going to do the fluid changes yourself Colin?. Or Manny`s crew? :D

Depending on how rich I am in the spring -- other than the engine oil, I'll probably get Manny to do the changes. He knows what he's doing and has all the tools and lifts to do the job right and quickly.

I enjoy working myself but my back usually gives out and I end up paying the price for a couple weeks hence.

Mustn't forget EGR and PCV valves -- just thought of that.

Cheers

Colin.

Thanks Coilin , lots of neat upgrades we can do for a better performing and running C4 :D

I truely appreciate the confidence and trust :canada:

From what I"ve read it makes a world of difference in the handling department.

Apparently the rubber bushings that come with the car are crapola and wear out very quickly.

Urethane is definitely worth the investment.

C.

I say a set of AFR LT4 heads, a GM "hot cam", a tune and an LT4 intake and then hang on! No need for a blower.

Hi Colin, what plugs are you going to use.I plan on changing mine out also, this isn't an easy task, so I want to use something with a longer life.TR55ir? Thanks Ken

I'll go OEM, Ken -- It's what's recommended from what I've read -- unless Manny has another recommendation, and yes there are a few that are a biotch to get to.

The distributor is the worst on mine -- it's behind and below the w/pump.:mad:
What was GM smoking when they engineered that? Sure it's on the end of the camshaft but relocating the pump would have made a lot of sense in light of all the issues with the Optisparks.:(

Oh well -- it is what it is -- Part of what makes the LT1's special in their own way.

C.

A few years ago we put polyurethane bushings in the back of our son's Chevelle. The squeaking would drive a person insane. The front was done with the polygraphite bushings and no squeaking. The urethane bushings definitely firmed things up. If you can get polygraphite for the Corvette, that would be the way to go.

A few years ago we put polyurethane bushings in the back of our son's Chevelle. The squeaking would drive a person insane. The front was done with the polygraphite bushings and no squeaking. The urethane bushings definitely firmed things up. If you can get polygraphite for the Corvette, that would be the way to go.

I'll ask Manny about that -- thanks Keith. I can't imagine him wanting to put noisy bushings on but I will ask about it.

He described the bushings as "Prothane Bushings"......

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.