CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Some can read this, some can't. Give it a try:

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I had no problem reading it. I've seen that before and it is amazing. Either that or I just can't spell and therefore I see no difference. :rofl:

There is/was a doctor who was born dyslexic. He figured out on his own how a dyslexic brain works and adapted accordingly. He wrote a book, "The Gift of Dyslexia". I was helping my grandson with his homework when he was in grade three and there was definitely a weird problem when it came to the alphabet and math flash cards. A meeting was arranged with his school and it was suggested that he might be dyslexic. "Oh no, definitely not." was the answer we got. After in depth testing in Ottawa, it was found that he WAS dyslexic. He was given a computer and a special programme to go with it. Guess what....at the end of the school year, and in another school, he earned the most improved student award. He was fortunate in that it was just a hurdle to get over and it is often never diagnosed. I don't mind dyslexic jokes because there is a way out of a problem. Joke about a permanently handicapped person and I wouldn't be so nice.
There is a very nice young lady with Downs syndrome and she is at one of our cruise nights regularly with her parents. She is the go to person if you want to know anyone's name at the show. She remembers everyone that she has ever met. Makes me feel pretty dumb. Everyone has their own gifts and talents.

Great post Keith... I have a niece that is Dyslexic and she struggled for quite some time until they also realized the issue. The hardest hurdle really for was to convince her that she wasn't "stupid" like she claimed or thought she was. After they changed their approach appropriately, things improved drastically! Likewise, I have an uncle that is mentally handicapped. This however was not due to any type of genetic or chemical issue but that he was born blue and they couldn't get him a blood transfusion in time to oxygenate some of his brain. 57 years later, although limited to the technical abilities of an approximate 10 year old, he is truly the biggest hearted, kindest and loving person you could ever meet due to the fact that he loves, cares and expresses himself without any reservations. In addition... he is probably the single largest reason that my 86 year old grandmother still lives in her house as they live together. He takes care of HER, takes out the garbage, shovels the snow etc etc and is fully capable of calling people on his own if a problem arises. His memory, much like that of the young lady you describe is uncanny and he remembers people without fail for even decades after he's met them. He also actually served as my brother's best man at his wedding and there wasn't a dry eye in the house just as a result of the pure happiness and pride he had that day.

In every cloud... There is a blessing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.